Journey from FOWLR to Reef!! ^^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm missing the point about the hermit to the sump?
What has that have to do with scratching the acrylic tank?

hahaha.
my hermits alwas try to climb on the silicone OoO
and they always walk and scatch on my glass aquarium, so if I upgrade to a acrylic, I might need to put them in the refugium or sump.
does this make more sense hahahah

I am planning to get any 75+ gal tank that the price is good.
and I will turn this 46gal into a sump and my 20gal sump will become my refugium, XP

big plan~ need some time to search for that arcylic tank, and more planning on make my stand bigger. as well as get a better job LOL

OH, TC u have an arcylic tank right?
how do u like it?

good sign!!!!
my clowns accepted each other, they sleep together at night, stay really close to each other while feeding, the smaller one always follow the big one.

and today I saw them cleaning the PVC I put in the middle of the tank, I think they like the PVC and probably gonna host it LOL
img_1040026_0_a4852477fd0e5cbec1b13458619190af.jpg
img_1040026_1_5778c03483b46e85db94fd3e9d9e17f5.jpg
img_1040026_2_ef2c68c4fd425c715aa13b06934f6458.jpg

here is the video, don't know if it works in here
SANY0205.flv video by match55 - Photobucket

bad news:
emarald crab mysteriously dead, 9pm saw it eating at the bottom in my tank..
9:50pm dead 3inches from where I saw it at 9pm, and my shrimps and nass snails r feeding on it. sigh~~
so brutal~ 10:11pm: the crab is not fully dead yet, I still see it legs move a little from time to time....why...why my shrimps and snails r so mean.

Lol, i will have to admit this is the first time i have ever seen a pair of clownfish hosting and cleaning a PVC like that. I guess you cannot take it out now. Great progress so far.

bad news:
emarald crab mysteriously dead, 9pm saw it eating at the bottom in my tank..
9:50pm dead 3inches from where I saw it at 9pm, and my shrimps and nass snails r feeding on it. sigh~~
so brutal~ 10:11pm: the crab is not fully dead yet, I still see it legs move a little from time to time....why...why my shrimps and snails r so mean.

did you mean 10?
Sorry for your loss :(

hmm I mean it dead at a 3inches away from where I saw it eating at 9pm.
sigh, just did water test yesterday and everything its fine, really the only reason its probably don't have enough food. can't think of any other reason.

still have 2 em crab in refugium, but probably won't put them to the DT, my DT have enough cleaning crews.

I will remember you em crab!!!
look at that nass snail going for a crab meat meal....
img_1040073_0_b9cf354602d8119be60c8f58a31f710f.jpg

img_1040073_1_618c509ee2b4a5a404f0949c81cd922b.jpg

woo what a night.... OoO
good news and bad news all packed together

11:30pm good news: one of my peppermint's babies have hatched and they r all over my DT now, LOL bad news is my clowns r eating them.
there are so many of them OoO all over!!!!

Sorry for your lose.
I do have an acrylic tank and I love it. The seams are bonded together unlike a glass tank that uses silicon glue so a hermit crab would not be able to climb up the seams. It scratches pretty easy. That said, once you come to grips with that and are a little careful it's okay. Like I said underwater it's hard to see the scratches so if you see an empty acrylic tank It more then likely would look pretty bad. Most of the minor scratches disappear once the tank is filled. If you have children in the house this is the safest tank to have. It is very strong. My tank is bent around so there is only seams in the back and the top and bottom.

guess I have to be very careful taking care of a acrylic tank.

but probably won't happen till next year, need $$$ XP thanks for the suggestion tho ^^

gonna take care of this 46gal first, and if I can make this look better, I will go for a bigger tank.

weird clowns, they clean the PVC but when lights off, they went to one of the corner to sleep OoO.

That is weird?

I don't know LOL
I thought they r gonna clean it and host the PVC, but they keep cleaning when the lights r on, and once I turn the lights off, they swim to the same corner every night.

maybe I should say interesting instead of weird~

found out another funny thing about my firefishes

the smallest one like the chase the two bigger one.
the two bigger one swim into a hole and the smaller will follow, then the bigger ones will swim out and find another hole. LOL then the smaller one will go search for the bigger ones and swim into the same hole.

over night the one who chasing others, its fins will get nipped off OoO
I was trying to remove it to the sump, but it just swim too fast LOL.

Poor thing~

Back
Top Bottom