Just booted up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tuesday, after work
temp 79F
sg 1.024
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 5
all is well.
bert & ernie (clownfish)
6x blue legged hermit crabs
1x red scarlet hermit crab
2x astrea snails
2x peppermint shrimp.
Uhm, how bout those zoanthids? any reason I shouldn't try to grow some?

Last edited:
What kind of lights do you have again? They are very easy to care for too so if you have an ok light then I dont see why not...

Using an aquarium 1 bulb T8 fixture and use power glo bulb for 8 hours then change to marine actinic for 2-4 hours. I think it should be fine for the little 10 gallon tank (11 inch deep water). I can put the zoas/palys right on the top rocks. My mushroom/spongey thingy is hanging in there with these lights :)
Ordered LED & T5HO combo for my up and coming 90 gallon. It is a 4ft long, by 2ft wide, by 2ft depth plywood tank. Inside is going to be ALL black (from the liquid rubber) and will need really great lighting :)

Thursday, after work
temp 80F
sg 1.024
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 10
all is well.
bert & ernie (clownfish)
4x blue legged hermit crabs (should be 2 more in there somewhere, didn't see them)
1x red scarlet hermit crab
2x astrea snails
2x peppermint shrimp.
The tank is looking much cleaner already and I added some phosphate absorbing material in a mesh bag inside my filter. It says it also helps to eliminate silicates.

Lol! November 30 @ 8:30am
Bert and Ernie are so funny! I started feeding them with a little teeny tiny spoon and now when I unplug the powerhead they already know they are getting fed and come to the one top right corner!! Whenever I put my tongs or anything in the tank they are right at it thinking it's food
temp 79F
sg: 1.024
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 20
doing a pwc and vacuuming the sand and rocks a bit at about 10am. Going to let the CuC get some of the food that sunk before I take it all out. I have discovered a new and kinda creepy critter in there as well. Looks a bit like a crab but has some sorta antenna feeler things and moves very quickly. I got a crappy video of it but it was semi hiding under the rocks and couldn't for the life of me get a good pic; now this morning it is not visible again.....
I could also only spot 3 of my blue legged hermit crabs, but the bigger red legged one is there. One of my bigger slug like snails is burrowing under my sand and the shrimp seem fit and sassy!

LOL, sassy is a great word for them! Shrimp seem to have a personality just as fish do. lol

Glad youre enjoying your clowns, I love all of mine, such little characters, so odd and entertaining!

Nothing different, everything fabulous. No more issues with dying snails, all is well. A couple of partial water changes since last login and nothing new to report :)

Nothing different, everything fabulous. No more issues with dying snails, all is well. A couple of partial water changes since last login and nothing new to report :)

Good to hear. Glad the tank is doing well!

Back
Top Bottom