just don't know what to do next????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure what the name is? It's the lower stuff in the picture that somewhat opens and closes when the light is on.

It doesn't look exactly the same but definitely similar. Any suggestion on the power head?

Yes it's Xenia. There are many types. That looks like Pom Pom Xenia to me.
Yes, most Xenia spreads quickly. But you can keep it on its own little rock island. It will have a very difficult time spreading across sand and can simply be clipped. It may drop pieces, which should be removed before they attach elsewhere. If you put any such pieces in a shallow tray of rock rubble, you can give them away as frags.

I have two power heads in my tank. I was advised on here that another would help out flow and algae issues. I hooked up the one I posted specs for and it seemed to be too much. It was blowing everything in my tank around. Did I do something wrong or is it ok???

According to where I'm at, am I ok to add another fish or should I wait? I was thinking of a lawn mower Blenny.

I think your levels are fine for another fish, but from what I've heard, lawnmower blennies can be a bit challenging to keep healthy. I've never kept one though, so I'm going on what I've read.

What would be my best options? I just added six hermits and six snails to try to help with my algae issues.

Cyano and green hair.......I am having power head problems. Plugged it in and it blew sand everywhere stirring the algae.

Well, 44 gallons with a watchman goby... I personally don't consider a reef (except nano systems) complete without a clown. Excepting perhaps the largest species (maroon, clarkii) you could get a pair. Cardinals are docile and offer a change from "typical" fish shapes. I'm find of royal grammas, too. Just be sure not to add more than one or two at a time to avoid overwhelming the biofilter. Also, consider a pistol shrimp. The symbiosis between the shrimp and goby is fascinating.

Don't point it at the sand and rearrange ur power heads to get rid of cyano

It doesn't matter where I point the head, it just hits the glass and still pushes sand everywhere. I think I have decided that I don't know what I'm doing and the thing is somehow pushing 1300gph which it is rated for in circulation mode. Something is off. Of course I don't have the paperwork so maybe I don't have it assembled correctly for power head mode.

In response to the clown suggestion, should I add a coral for them to host? Ive heard they aren't complete without it. If so what kind should I go for or is my Xenia sufficient? I am planning on moving my Xenia to one smaller rock and secluding it from my structure so it won't continue to spread. I'm going to let it take over one small area so it would be cool if the clowns host it since I plan on placing it in the front. I just want more action. The goby just had starting showing his face a little until my sand storm now he is back to hiding. I think I will add the pistol shrimp also. I have heard about there bonding capabilities which sounds awesome.

In response to the clown suggestion, should I add a coral for them to host? Ive heard they aren't complete without it. If so what kind should I go for or is my Xenia sufficient? I am planning on moving my Xenia to one smaller rock and secluding it from my structure so it won't continue to spread. I'm going to let it take over one small area so it would be cool if the clowns host it since I plan on placing it in the front. I just want more action. The goby just had starting showing his face a little until my sand storm now he is back to hiding. I think I will add the pistol shrimp also. I have heard about there bonding capabilities which sounds awesome.

You don't need to add any specific coral or anemone for the clowns. There's no guarantee they'll even host it, and the clowns will be fine without it. My clown has barely noticed my big anemone, and keeps shoving her face in my frogspawn like she wants to host that. Lol. The clowns will find something to host, could be the Xenia, could be a rock. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom