Just for kicks,what is the SHORTEST tank cycle out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just curious as to who has personally witnessed a 2-3 week complete, new-tank cycle?

I cycled my fw tank complete in 18 days. Anybody seen that with sw?

Mine cycled in about 15 days. I had two damsels in there and after that period all my readings were at zero.

...heard of a suppliment or additive that cycles in 2 days but I hardly believe it. 2 months for mine.

When I started my nano, I used 10lbs of LS from established reefs, 18lbs of cured LR and cured LR rubble in the filter compartments. I even went as far as to fill it will water from my other tank. I had no cycle at all.

I did like lando on my newest (20 long)

Live rock, water, and filter media from established and presto! instant cycle.

Just to be sure i've monitored parameters for 2 weeks, but all is well

-Logan

aha! i became good friends with the fish store guy! he helped me step by step thru the cycling and i did it in 10 days!

Yea i spent about $300 in live cured rock, and about $50 on stress zyme, but i got alotta sealife in there now!

Ammonia peaked at about day 4 (no more than .5 mg/l), and now its at 0 (day 10)
booyucka!

Wow, I think Gonzo82 has us all. New tank cycle in 15 days!

I understand if you transfer cured rocks, sand and water you'll have NO cycle. That's because you simply changed the housing of the tank - the innards are the same.

Mine is 5 days now with 65# LR and 75# sand (25# LS) and three Damsels. We'll see what I get after a bit and see if I can get near that 15 day mark! Thanks all.

My cycle took 30 days exactly. My spike was much higher(2.0) from LR die off. By day 3 after the spike I was finished with the cycle.

Dont know if this counts but I have experenced 0 day cycles.

The key is using enough mature liverock and livesand when setting up the new tank.

fishfreek said:
Dont know if this counts but I have experenced 0 day cycles.

The key is using enough mature liverock and livesand when setting up the new tank.

Ya.. .I bet my cycle was 3 days maybe? All my sand and rock was from LR.com and it was perfect...

0 days here too, when I upgraded from my 27G to 80G. Moved everything, inkluding fish over and everything survived. Had a litle bit amonia after 3 days but it was almost nothing and a waterchange took care of it. All the extra LR I added was cured from a LFS I trust.
Like others said, if the LR is really cured there should be no problem.

Actually i got a pamphlet from a guy i know really well from my lfs who has been in business for over 15 years, which around here is a pretty long time. It's a 14 day cycle that doesn't use damsels or shrimp and can be used on tanks set up from scratch. If you guys want i can put it in here to help out.... It is guarenteed to cycle within 14 days and is the only cycling process this guy does. let me know if you want me to put the procedure down so you guess can look at it

I think I'm getting there pretty good. this is day 7 and my ammonia is coming down.

I used 50# of very fresh smelling rock from a good Walt-Smith source and 25# of live sand in my 55 gal. I also through in 5 Damsels and they're doing fine. Darn they eat.

Back
Top Bottom