Just got a sun coral and green mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saltwaterfish56 said:
HOw should I acclimate them ? Any tips on these. Corals ? Food? Thanks

Acclimate them as you would a fish, drip them.
The mushrooms don't need any special feedings, they get what they need from the light. The Sun coral, on the other hand, will require constant feeding, as it is non-photosynthetic. I feed mine every other day with a mix of PE Mysis and Cyclopeze, targeted with a turkey Bastet.
Best of luck with them!

You can float them first, that's fine. A drip would be best, but you can just float for 20 min., then just add some tank water to the bag every 10 min., for 30 min., and then add to the tank.

I floated them and I now I'm dripping for an hour and a half is that fine or too long?

An hour is good, but 1 1/2 won't hurt anything. Just don't add the acclimation water. With corals it's not as big a deal, but you still don't want LFS water in the tank.

Ok sounds thanks a lot man , and I target feed mysis right ? I only has about 5 heads on it and the other are half way grown

Saltwaterfish56 said:
Ok sounds thanks a lot man , and I target feed mysis right ? I only has about 5 heads on it and the other are half way grown

Yeah, that's good. I do it every other day, and mine is still cool after about 1 1/2 years. Every day would be better, but you have to find the line between too much nutrient import into the tank, and necessary food. It would grow better with every day, but every other seems to keep it fed and not receding.

Small world. I just bought a sun coral on Saturday. First 2 days it didn't do much. Tonight I actually got it to eat some mysis!! I had read to cut a 2liter bottle in half and place over the coral with bottle opening up and then use turkey baster to feed through the bottle opening. Mine is pretty small, so I used a 12 oz bottle instead of 2 liter, but it worked! It was so cool!! Most articles I've read about them say to feed at least every 2 days. Good luck with yours!!

Yeah I target feed mysis and clypsos to my sun coral , I feed it every 2-3 days , they won't starve that easily ? I was on vacation for 6 days and came home to no dead heads :D , so everyone who thinks you have to target feed every day is just adding to the bio load for no real reason , usually 1 mysis cube is enough for all 6 fish and hermits / snails , and my sun coral .

Attachments

• image-20261554.jpg
    image-20261554.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 67
Small world. I just bought a sun coral on Saturday. First 2 days it didn't do much. Tonight I actually got it to eat some mysis!! I had read to cut a 2liter bottle in half and place over the coral with bottle opening up and then use turkey baster to feed through the bottle opening. Mine is pretty small, so I used a 12 oz bottle instead of 2 liter, but it worked! It was so cool!! Most articles I've read about them say to feed at least every 2 days. Good luck with yours!!

Thats how I used to feed mine. I'd feed cyclopeeze and shrimp and tons of other stuff. It was beautiful

Back
Top Bottom