Just got my first fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whitegurl84

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got my first fish yesterday its a clown and was wondering what other fish I should get to go with it. I only have a ten gallon tank for now till I get used to taking care of it, then I hope to get at least a 55 gallon.

Another clown? I am no sw expert (I'm a fw person). But I have heard clowns do better in pairs. What kind of clown did you get? Gz!!

You don't need 2 clowns for them to be happy. :)

With that size tank you are def limited. I would look at a clown goby maybe, they are pretty small.

Hehe, just something I got told, like I said I'm a fw :)

People do tend to put them in pairs, on that youre right. I wouldnt suggest 2 clowns though in a 10g tank. They get to a few inches long. A nice percher like a goby or maybe one of the blennies.

I would for sure check out liveaquaria.com. They have a whole section for just nano fish. :)

It's a purcela as of right now he likes to hang out in the right top corner of the tank. We really want another clown because the tank was set up as a memorial for my boyfriends son who loved the finding nemo movie. This year was 3 year anniversary of his death and this year just seemed harder on my boyfriend so I decided to do this for him.

Attachments

• image-4031517726.jpg
    image-4031517726.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 134
  • image-659562888.jpg
    image-659562888.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 143
Aww that's rough. It was a generous thought.

I also notice youre new to the forums, so welcome! I hope you find the answers you need here. :)

if you are dead set on another clown make sure if you get one that its a percula and its either way way smaller than the one you have or way way bigger than this one. That gives them a better chance at pairing up. The larger one will become more dominant and turn into a female while the male will stay smaller.

If you're going to get another Clown I would get it soon, I tried to add one to my first Clown after being in there for a week, they didn't get along AT ALL.

See I read online that if I get another one that it should be the same age (size) because then they won't get aggressive with one another. But you may know more because you have had a tank longer.

Thanks I hope I can find the answers I need too.

The woman at the pet store said to wait at least a week and a half before getting another clown.

Carey I was just wondering if you ever ordered any of the fish from that website you told me to go to and if you did, did you have any problems with them?

As of right now it's not doing anything but hanging out at the top right corner of the tank.

Just make sure they arent the same size, thats why you get them at the same time usually. They can fight amongst themselves something fierce. I had 2 sets in a 55g and had to move one pair out. lol. They are damselfish after all and we all know how aggressive they are. :)

Carey I was just wondering if you ever ordered any of the fish from that website you told me to go to and if you did, did you have any problems with them?

I havent ordered from liveaquaria YET. LOL one day I will. But a ton of people do order from them and all have nothing bad to say. The only thing is the shipping is outraegous.

Ok I had found another website yesterday that sold fish but I didn't think that ordering fish online was a good idea.

I did order some fish from petsolutions.com a while ago. I had a store credit with them so figured why not? I got all my fish nice and healthy and they were well packed too. So I don't think it's a bad idea in general, just be sure to order from a reputable place.

What state are you in? Sometimes some stores have cxheaper shipping if youre in state with them.

Back
Top Bottom