Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Just got my first fish

I just got my first fish yesterday its a clown and was wondering what other fish I should get to go with it. I only have a ten gallon tank for now till I get used to taking care of it, then I hope to get at least a 55 gallon.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Another clown? I am no sw expert (I'm a fw person). But I have heard clowns do better in pairs. What kind of clown did you get? Gz!!

Cleggat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

You don't need 2 clowns for them to be happy.

With that size tank you are def limited. I would look at a clown goby maybe, they are pretty small.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Hehe, just something I got told, like I said I'm a fw

Cleggat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

People do tend to put them in pairs, on that youre right. I wouldnt suggest 2 clowns though in a 10g tank. They get to a few inches long. A nice percher like a goby or maybe one of the blennies.

I would for sure check out liveaquaria.com. They have a whole section for just nano fish.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

It's a purcela as of right now he likes to hang out in the right top corner of the tank. We really want another clown because the tank was set up as a memorial for my boyfriends son who loved the finding nemo movie. This year was 3 year anniversary of his death and this year just seemed harder on my boyfriend so I decided to do this for him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4031517726.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	42206   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-659562888.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	42207  

Old 07-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Aww that's rough. It was a generous thought.

I also notice youre new to the forums, so welcome! I hope you find the answers you need here.

if you are dead set on another clown make sure if you get one that its a percula and its either way way smaller than the one you have or way way bigger than this one. That gives them a better chance at pairing up. The larger one will become more dominant and turn into a female while the male will stay smaller.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

If you're going to get another Clown I would get it soon, I tried to add one to my first Clown after being in there for a week, they didn't get along AT ALL.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

See I read online that if I get another one that it should be the same age (size) because then they won't get aggressive with one another. But you may know more because you have had a tank longer.

Thanks I hope I can find the answers I need too.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

The woman at the pet store said to wait at least a week and a half before getting another clown.

Tags
first fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com