Just got my new tank up and running!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rthoman

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 55 freshwater is no longer. It is now a FO/LR tank. Right now I have 50 lbs. of Sand/Crushed Coral and around 35 lbs. of LR. I am using a Magnum 350 with two Bio-Wheel 30's. There are two powerheads as well. The lighting is just the 2 15W lightbulbs that came with the tank. I have 2 triggers a Niger and a Humma Picasso. I will be adding a small lionfish in the next week or two. There/will be photos on my website(link in my signature).

Well I know how everyone likes pictures so here is a few:

full_55.jpg

Full tank shot.

Har_1.jpg

My Humu Picasso Triggerfish, his name is Harlequin.

Nig_1.jpg

My Niger Triggerfish, his name is Nigel.

I have 2 triggers a Niger and a Humma Picasso. I will be adding a small lionfish in the next week or two.

Nice looking tank and fish! However, you already have two fish that are going to outgrow the 55g, I would advice against adding another one to the mix due to potential problems with bioload and aggression down the road, unless you have some alternate plans for them already.

I know that they will eventually need a bigger home. I plan on getting a 150 after I get out of college. They are both under 3" now so I figure I have some time before they become to large.

Cool, if you run into problems down the road...being fairly local I should be able to house them a bit for you until the tank gets set up.

rthoman said:
I have 2 triggers a Niger and a Humma Picasso. I will be adding a small lionfish in the next week or two

I would reconsider the lion. IME triggers will quite often nip on the spines of lionfish, which can result in stress and eventually kill the lion if the behavior persists.

Yea, I haven't gotten the lion yet. I don't think I am going to now. Anyone have any other suggestions as to something that I could add?

How are the trigger getting along, I want to get a Niger Trigger and a Pink-tail Trigger and I wasnt sure if they will get along. Can anyone give me some opinions :drain:

Back
Top Bottom