Just got my rock...oh yeahhhhhh! (Now w/ pics.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BDAWG

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just got my rock from LR.com. It's beautiful! This is my first time ordering from them, and I am more than satisfied. It made it here sooner than they said it would and they gave me the exact rocks I asked for. I'll post some pics. as soon as the light in my aquarium turns on.

I had one question though. I had to go ahead and put the rock directly into my main tank. My qt has high nitrites and I didn't want to risk losing anything. Was this a bad idea? I have some water ready for a water change in case the ammonia spikes. Will I be alright doing this?

Thanks
Brandon

Your water probably won't spike. Mine didn't when I put it in (I put mine in at the tail end of my cycle). Be prepared fo the water change if need be but I think you'll find that it is fine. Enjoy. Can't wait to see the pictures. What kind of rock did you get from them?

That's good to hear. I got 10 lbs. of Keys rock. I'm working on resizing the pics. right now. And I've already seen 4 hitchhikers, 1 crab, 1 snail, and 2 small worms!!! :D

Finally some pics....

Attachments

• 000_0634.jpg
    000_0634.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 000_0639.jpg
    000_0639.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 155
  • 000_0640.jpg
    000_0640.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 153
I love the shape of the rocks in 634. They look like they'll be great for making caves/overhangs out of. The color on them is great. Your Figi looks like my base rock looked when I put it in the tank. Now 3 mo after LR.com rock there are pieces that you couldn't tell the difference of when you look at them. Enjoy your hitch hikers. As you look at your rock, start looking at the clam shells that are burrowed into the rock. As you watch them they'll start to open and close. Suddenly you realize that your rock is more than just rock. Very cool stuff. Enjoy!

Thanks Phyl. I've only had the rock for about 1 hr. and I've already seen SO much life. It's really exciting!

lr.com has some nice stuff. thanks for sharing the pics. I'll post mine on thursday when mine arrives.

Also, their customer service is absolutely incredible.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom