Just got some more LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotskate

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay i got thew 36lbs of live rock from live aquria.com i got carbian rock

im goign to order the 45 lb box of fiji tongiht

i already have 16 lbs of fiji in the tank and 17 lbs of i think fiji rock not sure

so now i have a total of 69 lbs and then tognith liek i said im ordering the other bundle and that will make my LR complete in my tank

i tossed the LR in the tank bc im cycleign it with the tank so it will cure with the NEW tank now what else do i have to do? anythign? i have lil debri on the sand form the LR ? now what?

I hate to say this but im having a very hard time following what your asking with all the typos.

About all I get is that you plan on ordering more rock tonight and adding that rock to your tank when it comes.

This will cause another ammonia spike and thus another cycle period just like you expereenced with your first batch of live rock.

ok sorry buddy :) okay my first batch of rock was when i boguht the tank a week ago i bought the 16 lbs and the 17lbs form mlfs it was basicly fully cured no amonia spike yet so i put the other rock in today which i got form live aquari which i belive isnt fully cureddddd..... now what do i do .... levae the light on 12 hours off 12 hrs change the water etc etc

i also have another shippment of rock comibng within the next few days

tank u so i gueess i should not use light #1 and #2 i have notihng alive in my tank therefor im using my tank as vessel :) now what?

I did this and am doing just as the article says... water changes every other day and no light. I rinsed mine again last night too to try an get some more dead stuff off.

If I do it again, it will not be in the tank. A tub will cost me less water and salt :)

i should use a tooth bursh to clean each pice? what if theres stuff on the outside thaT i want ? how do i know if i want it?

This is something I wondered about too. From my post, I read if it is slimy then you don't want it. I tried to remove obvious stuff but if it was slimy, I did my best to get it off. I did not go crazy though because I was not really sure either.

Hopefully someone will give you a better answer but HTH.

I have always been told to remove obvious debri and dead stuff too. I remember reading somewhere on liveaquaria.com that they brush all there rocks before sale.

That being said, I personally don't mind that much crud on my rocks. After letting it cure the worst it does is flake off and eventually get covered up by the sand, but thats JMHO.

okay well i just purchased another 40 lbs of lr from LIVEROCKs.com and a berlin classic prtein skimmer with the rio 2100 what do u think as of the lights they are the regular AGA 48inch triple strip light ?

Back
Top Bottom