Just ordered my first batch of Fiji live rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

66deuce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have my tank in the house now and am going to add sand and water soon. I have ordered some pre-cured Fiji live rock and it says it's imperative that the rock be cured after receipt and before placed into aquarium. What all does this entail. What's the best way to cure an already pre-cured rock before installing it?

66deuce said:
I have my tank in the house now and am going to add sand and water soon. I have ordered some pre-cured Fiji live rock and it says it's imperative that the rock be cured after receipt and before placed into aquarium. What all does this entail. What's the best way to cure an already pre-cured rock before installing it?

If the tank is empty, you can add the rock right to your water and let it cure in the tank. The die-off will help cycle the tank.

um why didnt you order from liverocks.com? its better!!

Hell.....if I knew this stuff was gonna cost this much, I would have hand selected my own live rock when I lived in Western Samoa (near Fiji and Tonga for those that have never heard of it). :p

Back
Top Bottom