Just starting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cuc aren't necessary and they don't so much clean as they recycle nutrients. But if you like the look of snails and hermits check out reefcleaners.org, they have pictures/info on the different critters available. They have pre made packs by tank size or they will put together a custom crew for you, but be warned john can't count and you will get extras

Lol awesome, I have several lfs near my house that I frequent between our 100 gallon fw and blizzard supplies so I don't think I'd have to order one. I just thought it was the shrimp snails and crabs so haven't read a tin into it. I have been focusing on learning about the upkeep and maintenance for the reef but thank you for the input. I am always up to learn more before I start up

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Shrimp aren't part of cuc's, they need to be fed. And a 30 is probably a little to small for a sand sifting star, it will be tough to keep it fed as it will quickly strip your sandbed of micro fauna

What would you feed shrimp?

Don't know if anyone has already said this but you don't want to be adding all the fish and CuC at the one time. Space it out over the course of a few months. Also be ready to replace the hermits and snails as the hermits will fight eachother and kill the snails for the shells.

A tailspot blennie is a good starter fish, its not solely a herbivore and will eat algae and almost anything you feed to its tank mates.

Yeah I know you will bio overload cuc bout 2 weeks in if all goes well 3 more weeks till fish one

I just got my clowns and how long should they climatize

Just started tank couple days ago and adding fish? That's not good

You should cycle completely before adding livestock. And if you plan on an anemone, wait till the tank is very stable and had proper lighting on it first

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No it is cycled we went to a local fish store and they tested my water and it is already done in a week. So everything is good.... I hope?

I would recommend buying your own test kits (liquid) so you can test your own water. One week you most likely haven't even started the cycle (I can't remember how you were cycling - raw shrimp or pure ammonia?) so testing regularly now will very important to keep you fish alive. Also, do you know how to acclimate saltwater fish properly?

Well I have the just of it and second I'm pretty sure my tank is done because the girl there died it was done and my fish are striving!

A word of advice, don't always trust the fish store selling you things - people on here want to help you for free, to see you succeed, not make a sale. I am almost certain your tank is not cycled and now your new fish are in danger. Def get those test kits and test daily, you may need to perform frequent water changes when the ammonia levels get high...

Back
Top Bottom