Just starting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EddieJ123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just started and I have a 29 gallon tank. I was wondering what fish and corals would be great for a beginner. I am getting a pair of clownfish and an anemone. So if you have any ideas please let me know!

Clowns should be last fish added and tank needs to mature before a nem can be added. But that size your looking at 4 fish total. For coral leathers, mushrooms, and polyps are easiest

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, if not clownfish what should I start off with. I was think of maybe getting a firefish or Midas blenny.

That's tuff one, I was looking at them to for the 30 gallon I'm starting but I want a green clown goby not sure if blenny will get along with it

Well I hope so because those to are probably my favourite fish. I also like the flame angel but I know I can't have them in my tank!

That's another I wanted myself..lol

I'm setting my first sw tank up soon a lot of reading and advice in I'm currently getting last parts and am hoping to set up by summer

Clown gobies and blennys will get along just fine. :)

You will need a mature tank for the nem as mentioned and you will need strong lighting...something to conisder...and also, not all clowns will host a nem, it's hit or miss with them. :) So don't get the pair if you are really really wanting to see that cause it may not happen.

As far as coral, it will depend on your lighting. What are you going with or do you have already?

Good to hear that on blemmy and goby, I was going by live aquaria on that

Would it be better to put blenny in before or after clown goby

Trying to figure out order to put in myself fir my 30 I am thinking
A 6 line wrassle
Green clown goby
Fire fish
Clown
Both clown and fire fish I'm not 100% on wich variety is this a good combination?

I was told 4 is good for a 30 gal but if your skimmer, and stuff is handeling that fine you may squeeze another In, just don't add all at once it lets the tank adjust to each fish' bioload

Okay sounds good what clean up crew guys are you thinking of getting.

Probably a Scarlett skunk shrimp, a couple turbos I want a sand sifting star but I think it needs to mature before putting in

Is a Scarlett skunk shrimp like a cleaner shrimp? I haven't really did any research on them.

Yeah, everyone goes banded or peppermint, so I'll get the oddball lol

Probably a Scarlett skunk shrimp, a couple turbos I want a sand sifting star but I think it needs to mature before putting in

Shrimp aren't part of cuc's, they need to be fed. And a 30 is probably a little to small for a sand sifting star, it will be tough to keep it fed as it will quickly strip your sandbed of micro fauna

What would be good cuc for a 30?

Back
Top Bottom