just starting a qt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColBen112

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just starting a qt it use to be a fresh water tank and has the pebbles not sand or anything im going to do i water chang in my main tank and put it in my qt but i was wondering if the pebbles would work or sould i put sand in there any additional things i should look at getting would help.

I'm also thinking of starting a QT when my tank is done cycling, what kind of filter system are you running?

I'd leave it bare bottom, with a piece of PVC pipe in it for the fish to hide in and around. Any substrate or rock will interfere with any meds you might have to dose. Plus a bare bottom makes it easier to vacuum out and keep clean.

My tank is currently cycling so I haven't started a QT yet, but I currently have a aqueon quietflow 30 and a penguin 200 on my DT. I don't plan on leaving a QT running since I dont have much room, but I was thinking maybe by the time my tank is done cycling, I could move the penguin 200 to a 5 Gallon tank when I need a QT and hopefully have enough bacteria the biowheel.

good idea about the bare bottom is there anything i should look at gettign for it is a protien skimmer really a must for a qt

Back
Top Bottom