Just starting what do u think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also my tank has been cloudy from day one and it has gotten a little better but not anywhere near clear do I just have to play the waiting game

Attachments

• image-3153863299.jpg
    image-3153863299.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 57
Well yeah. I wouldn't put any fish in that.

It should go away, could be sand or salt. How did you mix the salt?

If you would step me through what you have done :) from day one

It's probably foggy because you probably didn't rinse your sand. It should go away after a while. Next time rinse your sand with ro or distilled water before putting it in your tank.

Here is how I suggest setting up a tank.

Add water and salt in a empty tank and let mix.

Then add live rock

Rinse sand by putting some in a bucket and filling with water and swish around and let settle then pour dirty water off the top

Then carefully add sand trying to keep it from stirring up ( it will though)

Then after it has all settled add equipment and, start everything up

Then always mix saltwater in a bucket or new trash can from then on

I had put live rock in tank then put sand around it... ( your right I didn't rinse it) then mixed salt water in rubber maid bin and poured it in I figured it would cloud but not take this long to settle next time will definitely rinse

I had put live rock in tank then put sand around it... ( your right I didn't rinse it) then mixed salt water in rubber maid bin and poured it in I figured it would cloud but not take this long to settle next time will definitely rinse

It sounds like not rinsing the sand is the problem it will settle eventually

man hate to hear that but I would cycle the tank before adding anything living. And also with the water cloudy that could have been a big factor in what happened ya know.

Get you a test kit and some ammonia or a raw shrimp from grocery store. Shrimp works good and you don't have to dose with ammonia every so often to keep the level up. Just put the shrimp in. Turn off the light and let it do its thing

Your levels are coming up so it probably would not take long.

Also you don't know ammonia level and that can kill fish as well but I'm assuming you know that :)

Remind me again about some things

Tank size
Lighting
Filtration
water flow ect
Heater
Temp its set at

26g bowfront
Single t8(planning on quad t5ho before coral goes in)
Aqueon quiet flow 30 no filter in it using for water movement
Powerhead 802 for glow
50watt heater temp is a steady 78

Ok I would get another 50watt heater or get a 100watt and use the 50 for you salt mixing bucket

Do you have a circulation pump and heater for mixing salt?

Quad t8 should be ok. How tall is that tank?

Like I mentioned earlier I would invest in a circulation pump like the hydor koralia

the 30 filter is ok I would suggest upgrading eventually though I use aqueon filters on freshwater tanks

I would buy floss filter material to filter though they sell the blue kind off a huge roll here for $1 a foot

Maybe raise temp up a little while no livestock it may help it cycle quicker

The aqueon 30 puts out 200gph

some people swear by the aquaclear 110 which puts out 428 gph but it costs about $75 if I ever upgrade its what I'm getting

I bought a filter from drsfostersmith.com for $25 bucks that puts out 225gph but has a built in surface skimmer

But the aqueon is a good start

Back
Top Bottom