just starting with rodi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrasse326

Aquarium Advice Freak
im fixing to treat my fish and leave my tank empty for 9 weeks to let ich die off. found out you can't use dechlorinator with cupramine and I've always just used conditioned tap water. so i ordered a max water 6 stage ro di unit. what i need to know is can i go ahead and start my prazi pro treatment like i was planning and do my 50% water change after im done with that treatment and put ro Di water in then and be safe to start my cupramine treatment? is replacing 50% of the water with rodi water enough to be safe and be able to add the cupramine?

If your tank has no livestock. empty the tank and claen with vinegar.
If you have LR and or sand, then put it in a Brute garbage can and do water changes in the dark with treatment and mixing the sand with a pump for circulation. That way you can get the tank completely clean with vinegar. That also allows the LR to goin berfore the sand for stability.

Its a quarantine tank and there is already two clownfish and a cardinal on there. There's no live rock and just a thin layer of sand.. I really have to clean the tank that much just to replace with rodi water?

No, I just thought it was a new tank. Sorry. Just swap the rodi for the old water through water changes. 50 percent at first then 25 percent every week for 6 weeks should do it. The rodi will just produce less problems

Oh ok.. well after I do the first 50% water change will that be enough of a change to put cupramine in

I had just read you can't use dechlorinator with it. I thought it was just ammonia detoxifiers you couldn't use it with but then I read a couple other websites that said you can't even use dechlorinator..

Back
Top Bottom