Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-06-2004, 10:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Just wanting to say Hello

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post but I didn't see any place else to post it. I have been constantly reading all your posts since the day I found this site and must say " You Guy's Are Awesome" the information and help on this site is absolutely amazing. I have been keeping freshwater off and on for sometime without any problems and hope to jump into saltwater soon. I have been reading so much about saltwater tanks on AA that I think my brain has went into over-load 8O Hopefully I have about got all this saltwater thing figured out, well maybe all except the filtering(sump) stuff, my brain keeps wanting to think about good hang-on filters for a fresh water tank and maybe all this measuring crap. ie calcium, salinity etc etc. seems like alot more to measure and keep in check versus fresh. Well anyway I just wanted to say Hello and say thanks to all of you that help to lead "Wet Pet Lovers" like myself in the right direction. your friend Mike

Gotta Love the Little Wet Pets.
kenor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

65 Gal
1 Yellow Tang
2 Clown Fish
2 Blood Shrimp
Few Snails
Few Hermits
ACoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:34 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Welome to AquariumAdvice.com Mike

You are right, there are a lot more water parameters to keep an eye on that your average SW tank. (note i said average, a well planted FW tank with sensative fish can have just as many if not more )

However, once you've got the hang of things and your tank has matured you likely won't have to test any more often than you do for a FW tank. As far as filtering, your sand and rock do 90% of the filtering for you. A sump/fuge is certainly beneficial but they aren't 100% necessary. I don't have one. 8O
Acronyms and Abbreviations
BillyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey kenor33, welcome to...........................Drum Roll Please...........................AA!

If you want to go sw, you can do it. It is not that hard. It is a little more expensive than some people are prepared for (like me), but it's worth it.

Remember to Keep Christ First!
revhtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:04 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
The choice of a Newbie
Bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com