juv emp angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanked07

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i i got a juv emp angel fish my ? is i have a silfin tang an i cream angel they've ben doing good together but I'm just wondering f they will be aggressive toward each other i also have a cleaner shrimp a pink spotted watchmen goby thats paired with a pistol shrimp to bengai cardinals 2 chromes a fire fin goby a green mandarin an to memos any answers?

Welcome to AA btw! The emperor angel should be okay with all your fish except with the other angel and goby which can co-exist, but with caution. Just curious what size tank you have? FOWLR I'm guessing?

fowlr? an i have a 46 gallon bow front an the goby an pistol shrimp barley come out they are paired an have there own little home its kinda cool I'm new to all this but its a very amazing thing to learn i also had a question i bought a kenya tree with the jun emp today just wondering how long it takes to adjust to how its suposse to look? an the cream angel seems to be doing fine with it i have a lot of caves one thing i don't have is a protein skimmer which I'm an looking to get any ideas?

FOWLR is fish only with live rock. If you have a coral I wouldn't consider it a fowlr tank. The 46 gallon tank is too small for the 2 angels. The Emperor angel gets to over a foot and needs 220 gallons! It doesn't take a long time for them to grow big and become more aggressive since there is not a huge territory for them to claim. Research is very important and I think you should before buying fish that are too large or incompatible with the other fish. That's also a major bioload with those angels you are putting on the system. I really recommend you return them before getting larger problems. What are you willing to spend on a protein skimmer because most are costly. Reef Octupus, AquaC Remora are probably the top most popular and high quality brands. I heard Hydor slim skimmers are actually good, and there's aquamaxx and a bunch others.

no i have done my research an i did see that but the angel i have now is a dawuf angel is s only bout a inch an i am looking to upgrade to a 90gallon in about 3 months an i heard they take longer to grow if it is a smaller tank I'm just trying to learn as i go an i can't return anything but as for the protein skimmer i have no idea thats why i was asking an i just have one coral an its a kenya tree nothing crazy

Back
Top Bottom