Kalkwasser use in a reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am interested in trying this but I live in NJ so it might be difficult to find here. Can anyone tell me where I should look in the markets? I know one guy said he found it in the spices isle. Anyone else have any opinions?

Also that website that was linked to said that an increased amount of builders lime is acceptable... Is this a good alternative to someone that doesn't have the lime water available?

MattP725 said:
I am interested in trying this but I live in NJ so it might be difficult to find here. Can anyone tell me where I should look in the markets? I know one guy said he found it in the spices isle. Anyone else have any opinions?

I can't find it in any stores where I live, but here is a link to where you can buy it.

http://store.yahoo.com/mrswages/mrswagpiclim.html

Hi all..First post here.
I ran across this very interesting thread and thought I'd join and ask a question.

I have a container of SeaChem's Kalk mix that has been in storage ( dry and dark ) for about 9 months now. I've used Kalk with great success in that past but don't know if this product is still good.

How old can the dry powder be before it expires?

Once again, great topic and great replies so far!

Back
Top Bottom