Keith's Frag Tank / Coral Propagation Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know how I love those " Martian" chalices ,.when and if you do frag ,..I better be the first to know or there'll be
Big trouble mister :)

Last edited:
You know how I love those " Martian" chalices ,.when and if you do frag ,..I better be the first to know or there'll be
Big trouble mister :)

Funny thing cuz I got that for Fathers Day last year & promised myself I wouldn't frag it till after Fathers Day this year. So if course I cut it this last Saturday & sadly I cut too small a piece and it was dead by yesterday. I'm gonna cut it again here in the next couple weeks probably tho.

Tank pics

Attachments

• image-3405266690.jpg
    image-3405266690.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 158
  • image-1430699090.jpg
    image-1430699090.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 141
  • image-904021715.jpg
    image-904021715.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 128
  • image-3693681209.jpg
    image-3693681209.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 146
Thanks guys. The kind words mean a lot.

Ya Doug I'm getting rid of the Kenya. I got rid of those two big ones in front this weekend actually. I need to eradicate it from my DT lo, where its coning from. And thanks again for the vendors, I filled out my application this weekend and I'm sending it in tonight. As you can see by the tank I'm pretty full for now so I don't plan on ordering anything shipped for a while. I may order a few pieces from my local wholesaler this week if they have a couple things I sold out of and want in stock like some frogspawn.

I have always used a dremel with a diamond wheel. For real thick pieces, I might cut as deep as I can with the dremel, then a screwdriver and hammer to break the rest of the rock.

I have always used a dremel with a diamond wheel. For real thick pieces, I might cut as deep as I can with the dremel, then a screwdriver and hammer to break the rest of the rock.

Yeah I had been using my jeweler's drill & the foot pedal makes it nice to control but it gets it messy. As long as I needed to buy a Dremel or other tool I decided to invest in the band saw. Looks like it works pretty well from the videos I've seen.

And Greg, I love the laser idea. I could be Austin Fraggin Powers with that thing, baby!

Got my aquasaw today & gave it a quick whirl on a couple Zoa colonies I received yesterday that were too large to cut with hand cutters. Went through the rocks they were on pretty effortlessly. Made a bit of a Zoa spray on me tho lol. Good thing for PPE & a quick shower. No pics of the pieces I cut tho I wasn't thinking before I fragged them. I will most likely try it on these Favias I got (pictured here) yesterday in the next day or two.

Attachments

• image-2456749739.jpg
    image-2456749739.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 141
  • image-2179396872.jpg
    image-2179396872.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3987613100.jpg
    image-3987613100.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 138
Got my aquasaw today & gave it a quick whirl on a couple Zoa colonies I received yesterday that were too large to cut with hand cutters. Went through the rocks they were on pretty effortlessly. Made a bit of a Zoa spray on me tho lol. Good thing for PPE & a quick shower. No pics of the pieces I cut tho I wasn't thinking before I fragged them. I will most likely try it on these Favias I got (pictured here) yesterday in the next day or two.

Haha. I just spit out my soda when you mentioned ppe. So funny. Glad the saw worked well!

Slow to update lol. This last weekend I took the plunge and got the keys to my LFS storefront. I have LOADS of stuff to do. This is not an existing LFS so I have to build everything from scratch.

One question I have for anyone who has an opinion as to what large pump would be recommended to run a whole series of tanks, like 500+ gallons. So many to choose from.

Thanks all

Back
Top Bottom