Keith's Frag Tank / Coral Propagation Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished reading this book lol Looks good so far Hurry up and finish so i can start buying stuff and how is the frag tank at home doing
Thanks for looking! The frag tank in the house is doin ok. It probably has too many softies in it as some SPS has been struggling a little though. That tank will be moved to the store soon & that should help as I will be able to have corals sin seperate tanks.

This is awesome it's cool to see it come together for you. That skimmer is massive it looks like a time machine! Lol. Good luck with the store!

This is awesome it's cool to see it come together for you. That skimmer is massive it looks like a time machine! Lol. Good luck with the store!

I truly appreciate the encouragement. I sure can't wait to get that skimmer up and running!

Wow been gone a while and look at all that progress
looks great and your little helper looks like he's having a blast

Its time for an update and some more progress pictures
Unfortunately the update is that right now there is no progress. We have an issue with the electrical in the building right now & I'm on hold temporarily until it gets resolved. I'm hoping for some good news tomorrow though. I'm about ready to fill & cycle the tanks I just don't want to interrupt it while we have to disconnect the electricity to to the work as it hasn't been determined exactly what needs to be done & how long the power will be off. Crossing fingers things go smooth.

Unfortunately the update is that right now there is no progress. We have an issue with the electrical in the building right now & I'm on hold temporarily until it gets resolved. I'm hoping for some good news tomorrow though. I'm about ready to fill & cycle the tanks I just don't want to interrupt it while we have to disconnect the electricity to to the work as it hasn't been determined exactly what needs to be done & how long the power will be off. Crossing fingers things go smooth.

Just out of curiosity., and considering electrical issues ,..will you be installing a generator back up system ??

Just out of curiosity., and considering electrical issues ,..will you be installing a generator back up system ??

Maybe at some point in the future. Right now I'm focusing on just getting enough power for what I need lol.

This is about where I've left off until the electrical gets sorted out, which hopefully happens a week from today. Then I will continue with my plumbing.

Attachments

• image-3969309764.jpg
    image-3969309764.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 150
  • image-1731625696.jpg
    image-1731625696.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 126
  • image-3222235204.jpg
    image-3222235204.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 132
  • image-4228192900.jpg
    image-4228192900.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 120
  • image-1552431726.jpg
    image-1552431726.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 124
  • image-242379661.jpg
    image-242379661.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 121
Looks amazing so far.., ( and expensive ) personally, i have enough trouble keeping my one tank running the way it should let alone a whole series if them :-/
Nice job

Looks amazing so far.., ( and expensive ) personally, i have enough trouble keeping my one tank running the way it should let alone a whole series if them :-/ Nice job

Lol, thanks. Yeah we all know this hobby isn't cheap. You are right about the maintenance that's for sure. The idea of scraping algae all the time isn't all that attractive. Labor of love I guess.

Lol, thanks. Yeah we all know this hobby isn't cheap. You are right about the maintenance that's for sure. The idea of scraping algae all the time isn't all that attractive. Labor of love I guess.

If you hate scraping algae and emptying protein skimmers, you're in the wrong business! LOL

I'm not a fan of algae scraping but being a plumber skimmate smells like money to me!

I saw pictures of a septic tank clean out truck bearing the logo " your s#*% is my bread and butter ". It's sick ,true and funny all at the same time.

I am not a fan of bad smelling hobbies, but the reef isn't too bad. Skim mate is the stinkiest thing I deal with. Now leaving brine shrimp out over night can gag a maggot.

Back
Top Bottom