Keith's Frag Tank / Coral Propagation Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just read through the whole thread and all the work you've put in has turned out amazing. I wish all the best to you and your business. I too hope to open my own store in the future and I'm currently planning on starting a maintenance business to hopefully build relationships that may help me in the future. Unfortunately, due to my location I can't order from you but hopefully one day I'll take a trip to visit your store!

Thanks for the encouragement! I wish you all the best in your future plans as well. Starting with the maintenance & then the store should definitely build you a nice clientele base too.

Thanks for following. I sure can't wait until I can pack up my tools & bring 'em home though!

If you are anything like me you'll never completely take those tools home,... There will always be other projects and I know you love the challenge of building everything up to this point as much as you do opening up the shop ..... Kinda like a vacation, half fun is planning everything out and pushing the buttons .
You have done well grasshopper.

Thanks for the encouragement! I wish you all the best in your future plans as well. Starting with the maintenance & then the store should definitely build you a nice clientele base too.

That's what I'm hoping for! In the meantime though, I'm going to follow along over here :)

If you are anything like me you'll never completely take those tools home,... There will always be other projects and I know you love the challenge of building everything up to this point as much as you do opening up the shop ..... Kinda like a vacation, half fun is planning everything out and pushing the buttons . You have done well grasshopper.

You're probably right about the tools. More likely than not I will end up having two sets of power tools before all is said and done lol. Makes me feel naked not to have them at the house!

Rather a bummer as the heater/ac contractor I had an agreement with to do the job today & tomorrow called last minute and not only said they couldn't make it but wasn't going to do the job! At my ropes end lol. That was the last construction needed before I start adding water to the tanks. Trying to decide if I will install a 3 ton unit myself or get another estimate next week. Kinda a letdown :(

I'm leaning towards just doing it myself so I have no one to blame but me if things don't get done in time lol

Get someone else to do it. They are professionals for a reason. When I replaced the guts to my toilet, there was improvement but you still had to hold the handle down to flush. One of my dad's friends from HS is a plumber and came over for a cold one one day and got his hands into it. Now it works like a charm.

Being a plumber I can do the work. It's more having the time. Between a full time job, family, & everything else it takes to start the store, I just don't know if I have the freedom to get it done fast enough. Was one of those "is my time worth it or not" decisions lol. Mounting the unit, installing the gas, condensate, and duct is no prob. Just might have a hvac guy charge the refrigerant and test it. I will make my decision this week after I see if I can buy the unit for the right price.

Let the leak testing begin!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image-701887108.jpg
    image-701887108.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2692265357.jpg
    image-2692265357.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 107
Hey keith are you going to be selling live rock? If so would you do anything to stop aptasia groming on it all my lfs has rock covered in it

Hey keith are you going to be selling live rock? If so would you do anything to stop aptasia groming on it all my lfs has rock covered in it

Yeah currently I get dry rock & make it live myself. I plan on continuing doing it that way for the time being. I will eventually have some containers with the traditional live rock most LFS sell for the people who want that style but it will be isolated from the stuff I make myself so that will keep it pest free.

Aw okay :) nothing worse then buying rock that are covered in it
I agree. Going to try my best to not get Aptasia but if it does show its ugly head I would do my best to remove it & keep it from spreading. Nothing worse than doing nothing & just letting invade everywhere.

Your a good man :) you should put up some info about acclimation and cycling in your store one of my lfs give u hand outson it

I think the Joes Juice & Aptasia X work well. I know Mr X says Kalk paste works well but I've not tried it. I never had much success with the lemon juice either. I've also been lucky & have had good success with peppermint shrimps. I've found that having a group of them works better than just one or two. I've had a couple Aptasia in a hard to reach area in my overflows and only ever seen two in my current DT in almost 2 years & the shrimps keep my tank free of them even though they are in the overflow.

Back
Top Bottom