Keith's Frag Tank / Coral Propagation Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Keith, iv been following this thread for a while and it's all coming together nicely, but my question is are you going to have a website and ship corals so you can reach out possibly all over the nation?

I have a website now but it needs to be redone. I did myself last year and I'm not the guy that should be doing websites lol. I pan on having it professionally revamped later. I will most likely offer corals online after I get established and properly staffed.

I have a website now but it needs to be redone. I did myself last year and I'm not the guy that should be doing websites lol. I pan on having it professionally revamped later. I will most likely offer corals online after I get established and properly staffed.

I'm looking forward to ordering from you :)

Sounds great I can't wait

Keith,..do you have all the tanks water systems plumbed together as a single loop so the water flows from one tank to another and so forth or are they individually separated ? I was just curious about PWC's and possible infections from one tank infecting another .... I'm sure there's a whole lot of thinking involved in setting up the plumbing etc on this whole system,... Looking good !

I want to say that there is a QT tank for new arrivals and that the other tanks are plumbed together.

My guess too ,.. But I remember watching " my" lfs receiving deliveries from their suppliers and they were floating the bags into every tank just waiting for acclimation,.. I always thought that was a little scary ,.. Just curious how Keith is confronting it.

As of now I have one system plumbed together that is those tanks on the blue shelves. So far its 7 tanks but more are added on that system. Also there is one 6'x3' frag tank on its own independent system. I will have the other 6'x3' frag tank on its own system once transferred from my house. The two 180 gallons are each their own systems. I will add more independent tanks and cubicles with their own systems over time also.

Finally got the 180 plumbed in today. Going with two sumps and two return pumps. First sump will house a Reef Octopus Diablo skimmer and the refugium. The second sump I plumbed in an algae scrubber. Never ran one before but I really can't go wrong if it gets the Gregcoyote seal of approval. I plan on adding a second skimmer to that sump down the line. Tomorrow will be fill it with water day!

180 filled & running! Just need to attach the doors and the front part of the canopy. Also need to add fuge light and algae scrubber lights. On to the next project....

Attachments

• image-3947725741.jpg
    image-3947725741.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1429506379.jpg
    image-1429506379.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 81
Moved a rock from my home frag tank to the store tonight. Noticed this guy shortly after being added to the tank. Started spewing stuff for a few minutes.

Spawning. I want to say X ran into that whole maintaining the anu fitness tank.
Yeah I had something similar with worms about 20 yrs ago and it happened with hundreds at once. I'm not sure though of spawning this time as it was just put into a recently setup tank and it was within 10 min of acclimation.

Took two weeks and switching to new gaskets but finally this big mutha is skimming!!!!!!

Attachments

• image-631485449.jpg
    image-631485449.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 82
Yeah I had something similar with worms about 20 yrs ago and it happened with hundreds at once. I'm not sure though of spawning this time as it was just put into a recently setup tank and it was within 10 min of acclimation.

I'd still think it was the case in terms of a "last ditch" effort. Drastic changes and stress has caused inverts to try to breed to keep the gene pool going before.

Back
Top Bottom