Kent Reef Builder Additives?? Has Anyone Used Them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Kent has a Reef Builder Pack that contains liquid calcium, Stro/M I forgot how to spell them and also Iodine. I was wondering if anyone has used them and what they think about them??

So you use Kent's Reef Starter pack? Do you need to test for anything? How long have you been using them? I wanted to know if this is better then Kalkwasser? KW seems a lil hard to do. I have read alot about it but I am afraid about the testing of it I don't want my inhabitants to die.

Yes. I had been using it since Dec. The only test i'm doing once every two weeks is checking on the water parameters. I haven't test the calcium level yet. Maybe i should soon.

Wow seems like this is good stuff. I was concerned with the Iodine as I thought it may effect tests. But since you have been having luck I might give it a try. Have you been using anything else? I heard Corallife has some stuff Liquid Calcium Gold not sure about it but just wondering if you use anything else I know Kent also make Micro-Vert and Trace Essentials etc. I guess this is the solution to not dose a tank or use Kalkwasser. So you haven't tested for Alk and Ca. and so far no deaths etc? Thats great.

This is my tank http://www.flickr.com/photos/59422509@N00/

I have a 55gal. 260Watt CoralLife Power Compact, 3 1W Lunar Lights, Live sand 4in DSB, 75lbs. Live Rock, 2 Cinnamon Clownfish, Firefish, Magenta Dottyback, snails, crabs, Feather Duster, Sabae Purple Tipped Anenome, 1 White Leather Coral, Red Sun polyp, assorted polyps, 2 Assorted Color Plate Corals, Pipe Organ, Frogspawn, Fox Coral, Flat Brain, Finger Leather, Mushrooms, Green Star Polyps, 2 8" Maxima Clams, Wet/Dry filter, Protein Skimmer, Heater, I have the Liquid Plankton and also frozen plankton and brine shrimp for food.

I also use Kent's Micro Vert for filter feeders like feather dusters... So far, no death to fish or corals. Maybe i'm just lucky, or maybe because i have a UV light. :) BTW, nice tank setup!

Thanks I read alot on UV sterilizers and found out that they take out alot of good bacteria.

I use regular water changes with Coralife salt for my additives. Dosing for things you do not test for can be dangerous.

What do you have in ur tank? I hear ya but the Kent Reef starter pack sounds good I believe that some essential things do come out of the water through filtration. I heard alot about Calcium though you would not recommend adding that?

Check my gallery or read my profile for a stocking list. As far as CA goes, it depends what your level is at.

I haven't used the Kent products yet but I tested my water for calcium and it is at 400 which is fine.

I tested my water for calcium and it is at 400 which is fine.
400 is fine. If you have a lot of LPS/SPS corals you might want to consider raising it a bit to around 450.

Back
Top Bottom