Kh- takes 16 drops to turn yellow!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes for all sw fish and inverts. You really don't want to chase pH. Anything 7.8 to 8.4 is fine, you just don't want it fluctuating

Yes for all sw fish and inverts. You really don't want to chase pH. Anything 7.8 to 8.4 is fine, you just don't want it fluctuating

Ok thank you!! If it does start to ride or fall what should I do?

PH will normally rise and fall with the time of day. It will do this as well with the seasons. More fresh air in the house during summer months will bring higher pH in your tank, for example.

To be honest I don't even test pH in my tank anymore. Sw tanks are pretty easy to keep stable pH wise. Like hank said it fluctuates from day to night and if you open your windows.

PH will normally rise and fall with the time of day. It will do this as well with the seasons. More fresh air in the house during summer months will bring higher pH in your tank, for example.

Yea that makes sense, it's been kinda cold so I've had my windows in my room shut for my chameleon.

To be honest I don't even test pH in my tank anymore. Sw tanks are pretty easy to keep stable pH wise. Like hank said it fluctuates from day to night and if you open your windows.

That's what I heard from a guy at my fish store that it fluctuates at night, that's why he told me that adding ph drops to my tank will help it

Image1488489261.610735.jpgImage1488489279.099855.jpgImage1488489299.142835.jpgImage1488489323.201363.jpgImage1488489357.238052.jpg

Do these levels look ok? The ammonia is the most difficult thing to stabilize. I'm now going on 3 months of cycling and I can't get it in the yellow :/

Yes, you will need more rock in the system for the bacteria base to live on/in. You want 1 lbs per gallon. Same with sand.

Ok thanks for the info, do u recommend any that I can put in for the seahorses?

Yes, you will need more rock in the system for the bacteria base to live on/in. You want 1 lbs per gallon. Same with sand.

Quick update, today I got 12 lbs of live rock to hopefully lower the ammonia and I think it's working!! Thank you so so so much for the help it's much appreciated :) I'm gonna keep checking the levels everyday to make sure everything stays where it should then maybe sometime next week (if everything is stable) I will get some clown fish in there to finish the cycle!! IMG_8709.jpgIMG_8710.jpg

Dose the tank up to 2 ppm for ammonia and see what your reading is tomorrow.

I have a question...my dad was observing the tank and noticed these tiny tiny tiny little white dots that moves around on the glass. They r so tiny that they just come up as blurry spots on my camera (meaning the camera won't pick them up) they appeared when we put the rocks in but the store I bought them in said the rocks are cured...what could this be?

Back
Top Bottom