Kh- takes 16 drops to turn yellow!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Copepods, they're beneficial to the tank and a good food source for fish and coral

They are of no harm to any system, though under normal situations they don't populate the tank as fish will consume them quicker than they can reproduce.

I don't have any fish in there at the moment, besides the hermit crab. When should I know what to put some clown fish in there to finish the cycle? A full week of stabilization?

You want to see ammonia levels hit 0 after 24 hours of providing an ammonia source.

I added the bottle of ammonia, it went down to 0 but then it went up to .25 and that's when I got the live rock. As of yesterday it was 0 after adding the rock I will test it right now. If it is at 0 do you think the tank is ready?

I feel that this is the easiest method of dosing ammonia. That way, as it is decomposing it is giving a constant ammonia source. With no need to dose ammonia, once you test 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite you are done. Then comes water changes to bring down the nitrates and time to add a fish.

I feel that this is the easiest method of dosing ammonia. That way, as it is decomposing it is giving a constant ammonia source. With no need to dose ammonia, once you test 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite you are done. Then comes water changes to bring down the nitrates and time to add a fish.

Ok so do I get a raw shrimp or steamed shrimp, lastly do I put it in my filter or just straight in the tank and how long do I keep it there for, until it is completely gone? (I'm sorry for all the questions, you are just such a big help!!)

A raw shrimp. Toss it into some old pantyhose, tie it off, and toss it into the tank. This will give you some easy clean up. When you read no ammonia or nitrite levels, pitch it.

A raw shrimp. Toss it into some old pantyhose, tie it off, and toss it into the tank. This will give you some easy clean up. When you read no ammonia or nitrite levels, pitch it.

Ok thank you!! I will update you when I get the shrimp

The shrimp is in!! I will test the levels tomorrow night to see how they are! IMG_8813.jpgIMG_8814.jpgIMG_8812.jpg

This is the levels atm (not 24 hours yet)

Image1489175584.739353.jpg

Back
Top Bottom