kind of a stupid question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakskall

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was hoping to have clownfish and an anemane in my tank with live rock in my new tank, my question is, is an anemane considered coral? Do they need coral type conditions?

water type of lighting would be best? I was looking at T5 type lights, would i need something stronger?

no T5s are good as long as you have the right amount of bulbs. what size is your tank, what are the dimensions

36"x17"x12" from what ive read its close a 30 gallon long

I have T5 lights and all my anemones have died except my rock anemone. I dont think this is good enough light for them because everything else seems to be doing well.

I have T5 lights and all my anemones have died except my rock anemone. I dont think this is good enough light for them because everything else seems to be doing well.

are you sure it was just your lighting, or your water parameters?

then check your water, 4x39watt T5s should be more then enough to light up 17inches by 12 inches deep, if you want to be on the safe side go with 6 lamps and not worry about anything but your water conditions

I also kept a nem for a few months under quad t5's and had no problem with him. he found one spot and stayed there his entire time with me. lol

Until I yanked him out and returned him. Nem's are delicate creatures and need great light and great water parameters. They also move around if they like so be prepared. :-D

Agreed. that's why i returned mine even though he was thriving. Just too nerve wracking for me. Guess I'm a wimp lol

Back
Top Bottom