Kio 3.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kio707 said:
How do you clean filter socks? Just wash them out?

I have a foam block. I just wring it, rinse it, wring again and shake as much excess water as possible. My FO uses batting pads. I just change them out.

I soak mine in about a 15% bleach solution for a day or two, then rinse them really well, then dry them over my AC unit outside. I blows hot air so why not? I've been told, its the drying out really well, that neutralizes the bleach. I've always done it this way, and never had any issues.

Flreefer said:
I soak mine in about a 15% bleach solution for a day or two, then rinse them really well, then dry them over my AC unit outside. I blows hot air so why not? I've been told, its the drying out really well, that neutralizes the bleach. I've always done it this way, and never had any issues.

I've heard to make sure the bleach is unscented.

You may have one... Thinking of the schooling banner, about 5. Or lytrail anthias. 1 male, 4 females... Opinions?

Kio707 said:
You may have one... Thinking of the schooling banner, about 5. Or lytrail anthias. 1 male, 4 females... Opinions?

No experience with either but like the look of the Anthias, personally.

Anthias are cool looking fish, stay in the open, and like a crowd. The Lyretails are a little easier to keep than some of the others.
Little group of those would make anyone's reef look better! :)

Ok, think I have it... 5 blue reef chromis and 5 anthias... 1 male/4 female... Opinions?

Just be warned the chromis may pick each other off. lol I started with 5 and now have 3 which is a good number i think for my tank, two or 3 more would be better but 3 is good. lol

I also like the anthias group, not sure you want 4 females, they usually get kinda big. I just have a male female combo but my anthias is like 5 inches or so.; lol

Coral placement and fts... Added more rock... Opinions and advice please.

Last edited:
Corals like it fine. I do blues for a hour in the morning, white/blue for 30min, whites for 9 hrs, white/blue 30min, then blues for a hour.

Got new additions... Elegance coral, candy cane, sun corals (my favorites from y'all who have been following since the 90g), cocoa worm, and orange diamond back goby...

SeanMonster said:
You have been very busy shopping I see. :)

Lol yes.. You have gotten more coral in a day than i have in several months! Haha, sounds awesome though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom