Kio 3.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
678 gallons on outside. I'm gonna say 1" think acrylic?? Or glass? 1" acrylic would take it down to a 612 gallon tank. Lol. I do this math a lot.

Side overflow?

Holes drilled on bottom for re circulation pumps?

Ok, I was off... It'll be 600g glass. Will be drilled and overflow in the middle. Will also have 4 drilled holes in back for return. It's completely custom, so it's all I can imagine. All advice would help.

Side note. Got my yellow bellied tang and Australian salfin.

Kio707 said:
Ok, I was off... It'll be 600g glass. Will be drilled and overflow in the middle. Will also have 4 drilled holes in back for return. It's completely custom, so it's all I can imagine. All advice would help.

Sounds like it will be an awesome set up. And I'm glad your Purple Tang went to a good home. Hopefully it doesn't wreak havoc in your friend's tank.

What about a coast to coast overflow. If you go acrylic it can easily be done on the outside of the tank across the back and not take away tank space.

kdpuffer said:
What about a coast to coast overflow. If you go acrylic it can easily be done on the outside of the tank across the back and not take away tank space.

I don't like acrylic. More of a glass person.

Fair enough and I agree, I would rather deal with heavy than scratches myself. A coast to coast is still an option.

kdpuffer said:
Fair enough and I agree, I would rather deal with heavy than scratches myself. A coast to coast is still an option.

Never seen a coast to coast... Any examples?

Kio707 said:

Based on tanks I have set up- id reckomend having at least 3-4 bottom recirculating points. Flow gets difficult in a 48" depth unless you are willing to throw in quite a few power heads at different points. They are often hidden by rockwork in the end as well but serve a great purpose.

Also- why not two overflows so you can skim a greater surface area?

A coast to coast is an overflow, it's the entire width of the tank across the back. It is also usually back drilled then the overflow only has to be a few inches deep. This is ideal on acrylic as it is easier to mount outside the tank on the back but can be done inside.

I just did a quick google search and there are lots of pics of CTC overflows. There are even glass ones mounted externally.

Got rid of my 3 b&w clowns and got a nice maroon and gold clown with 3 rose nem's for $75! I gotta delete pics so y'all can see it.. It's beautiful. Also picked up a neon goby, tiger serpent star. Maybe a nice sized convict tang tomorrow.

Kio707 said:
Got rid of my 3 b&w clowns and got a nice maroon and gold clown with 3 rose nem's for $75! I gotta delete pics so y'all can see it.. It's beautiful. Also picked up a neon goby, tiger serpent star. Maybe a nice sized convict tang tomorrow.

Kio, sounds awesome but I'm really having a hard time keeping up. :)

With what you added. Plus the subtraction(s). No my tank is going just fine. Going shopping tomorrow. LFS has a PJ Cardinal on hold (to replace the one I lost) and looking for a couple of small frags.

I'm sure I'll catch up once you are able to post more pics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom