Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #241
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Doesn't sound promising..
__________________

__________________
Kio707 is offline  
Old 06-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #242
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707
Doesn't sound promising..
Nothing is in this hobby lol
__________________

__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #243
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
Gettin my new skimmer today.
__________________
Kio707 is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #244
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Flreefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,984
What did you end up getting Kio? I need to upgrade mine as well, been looking at Bubble Magus.
__________________
Flreefer is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #245
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flreefer
What did you end up getting Kio? I need to upgrade mine as well, been looking at Bubble Magus.
My new tank came with an ASM. It pulls a nice concentrated skimmate and I only changed the setting once after the first 24 hours of run-in. Truly a "set it and forget it" piece of equipment. My Corallife Super Skimmer on the other hand......
__________________
SeanMonster is online now  
Old 06-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #246
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Flreefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster

My new tank came with an ASM. It pulls a nice concentrated skimmate and I only changed the setting once after the first 24 hours of run-in. Truly a "set it and forget it" piece of equipment. My Corallife Super Skimmer on the other hand......
Yeah, I hear you... That's what I'm running ATM. I'm always in the tank, and adjust when necessary, and it pulls skimmate, but is undersized for my tank. A leftover from the upgrade of my old tank.
Need to get a better one, whenever I can swing it!!
What's an ASM?
__________________
Flreefer is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #247
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flreefer

Yeah, I hear you... That's what I'm running ATM. I'm always in the tank, and adjust when necessary, and it pulls skimmate, but is undersized for my tank. A leftover from the upgrade of my old tank.
Need to get a better one, whenever I can swing it!!
What's an ASM?
http://www.fragtasticreef.com/ASM-G-...r-ASM-G-4X.htm

This is the one I have on my 90g reef. The lfs said set it with the cup off so the bubbles are just bubbling over. The tube with the foam slides up or down to adjust level up or down. It's pricey but I love how it works. I'm beginning to realize that in this hobby, you often get what you pay for.
__________________
SeanMonster is online now  
Old 06-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #248
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Correction it was an ASM G-1X.
__________________
SeanMonster is online now  
Old 06-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #249
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Flreefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,984
Thanks Sean,
Looks pretty nice, actually looks a little less expensive that the Magus I was looking at too, thanks for the info.
__________________
Flreefer is offline  
Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #250
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
SeanMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flreefer
Thanks Sean,
Looks pretty nice, actually looks a little less expensive that the Magus I was looking at too, thanks for the info.
Not a problem. Sure you will be returning the favor one day.
__________________

__________________
SeanMonster is online now  
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.