Kio 3.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When tangs attack... Lol... And the other seaweed is on the other side not touched...

Attachments

• image-29095772.jpg
    image-29095772.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1875320287.jpg
    image-1875320287.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1705488298.jpg
    image-1705488298.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3667781278.jpg
    image-3667781278.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 91
Thinking of getting a Koran angel. I know it says it's not reef safe, but anyone who's following have one? One of my new reefers has an emp in his reef with no issues. I know not every fish is the same, but would like y'alls opinion.

Kio707 said:
Thinking of getting a Koran angel. I know it says it's not reef safe, but anyone who's following have one? One of my new reefers has an emp in his reef with no issues. I know not every fish is the same, but would like y'alls opinion.

My personal opinion is if I was going to try an angel, I'd try a Coral Beauty. But this is from a guy who has tried angels in his FO tank 8 times without success.

Yeah, I wanted a bigger angel. I had coral beauty and flames... I now have a sunburst angel. Just always wanted one.

It's a big risk IMO . I see how my emp tears up a clam... Pretty aggressive . You know I'm not a coral guy by any means but i can already see how a full grown emp or Koran could put a serious hurting on a coral in a hurry if it chose to. Less collateral damage with a dwarf in a 180 lol. Jmo

Yeah, but with any fish, if it's well fed and has no need to turn on its natural instinct, would it? I know u feed chop clams, so it's considered a meal to it. Am I looking at this wrong?

Kio we have a 5-6 Inch Koran at the shop with mushrooms,assorted leathers,12 inch hammer coral and a Kenya tree,he nips at the Kenya tree once an awhile.

I guess that would depend on what size you got the Koran . If you got a tiny one he won't have what I guess you would consider the natural tendency to pick at them . Overall the risk is still there. Usually larger angels won't nip at certain coral because of certain toxins or something like that. I wouldn't be the one to tell you what kind if corals have this tho lol.

Hondatek said:
I guess that would depend on what size you got the Koran . If you got a tiny one he won't have what I guess you would consider the natural tendency to pick at them . Overall the risk is still there. Usually larger angels won't nip at certain coral because of certain toxins or something like that. I wouldn't be the one to tell you what kind if corals have this tho lol.

We got him this size from a customer who could no longer care for him so we don't his history except he had hole in the head disease when we got him

My whole point is that large angel can destroy a coral a lot faster than a dwarf which is why IMO the risk is greater. Not saying they are definitely going to eat them.

Hondatek said:
My whole point is that large angel can destroy a coral a lot faster than a dwarf which is why IMO the risk is greater. Not saying they are definitely going to eat them.

Makes sense. I guess it's a risk no matter which u chose.

Trying to frag this Kenya tree. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image-953308348.jpg
    image-953308348.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 83
Hondatek said:
Exactly . Just a difference in collateral damage lol.

Yeah. But it can be just as hard to catch a dwarf too. I'll slow down on corals and give it a try... If anything, I'll know it's well fed.. Lol..

Fragging soft corals is pretty easy. Just take a razor blade to one of the limbs to cut it off clean. Then gently rubber band it to a rock and it will attach itself to it.

The one on the right is already on a rock. But I got the idea... Appreciate the help...

Do you want a piece, Jesse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom