Kio 3.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SeanMonster said:
Very handy. Like the way you hooked up the lights. Nice to know hat tidbit about the Blue Throat.

No prob. Always glad to help. For the most part, triggers shaped like shovels (triangle noses) are more apt to eat snails and crabs. The ones with rounder faces seem more peaceful and invert friendly. IME.. This is not doctrine... Lol

If you didn't seal the metal that is holing your lights, keep an eye out for salt attack the metal for a garage door opener is not the most resilient. Will probably work well, but just keep an eye on it. Would hate to her your lights were found in the tank on day. :)

SeanMonster said:
If you didn't seal the metal that is holing your lights, keep an eye out for salt attack the metal for a garage door opener is not the most resilient. Will probably work well, but just keep an eye on it. Would hate to her your lights were found in the tank on day. :)

Agreed... I can remove it if needed... Kinda my fear too...

New video of 180g!!!! Please comment and tell me what u think... Good or bad.

Kio707 said:
Agreed... I can remove it if needed... Kinda my fear too...

Kio, video was awesome. After seeing the video, looks like the bracket for the lighting has plenty of clearance. May not be an issue after all. As long as splashing is kept o a minimum, I think you are ok. Tang makes me wicked envious. :)

SeanMonster said:
Kio, video was awesome. After seeing the video, looks like the bracket for the lighting has plenty of clearance. May not be an issue after all. As long as splashing is kept o a minimum, I think you are ok. Tang makes me wicked envious. :)

Lol... The purple or naso?

Kio707 said:
No issues with powder blue? Heard they where ich magnets.

Nope. Only problem is its belligerence. Was thinking of pulling him but wife said no (you know how thy goes) and lfs said if I have a healthy one leave it alone. The only ich magnet I have is the Pinktail Trigger. Go figure!

very nice kio ,,great fish selection ...Let me know how that naso does with jumping ..Getting ready to move mine in soon and i heard they are jumpers ...

FTMMWS said:
very nice kio ,,great fish selection ...Let me know how that naso does with jumping ..Getting ready to move mine in soon and i heard they are jumpers ...

No jumping so far... Plus I have a canopy, so it'll be ok.

Have an issue. I have a BTA that only opens at night... Everytime the LEDs come on, blue or white, it shrivels up. I've put it on top, put it on the bottom, lil flow, high flow, just can't make this lil guy happy... But everyday I think he's a goner and check in the morning, he's opened up and looking gorgeous... I'm so confused. The LEDs are 6" above the water. Please help... Also did a 30g pwc.

Kio707 said:
Have an issue. I have a BTA that only opens at night... Everytime the LEDs come on, blue or white, it shrivels up. I've put it on top, put it on the bottom, lil flow, high flow, just can't make this lil guy happy... But everyday I think he's a goner and check in the morning, he's opened up and looking gorgeous... I'm so confused. The LEDs are 6" above the water. Please help... Also did a 30g pwc.

My LEDs are at about the same height. My nem and it's clone are at about the middle of the tank in a med to high flow

Not a nem expert by any means ,but don't they have to more or less make themselves happy..Won't it just move to where it wants no matter where you put it?
Pretty sure it needs to just adjust to being transferred and the lighting too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom