Koralia??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ejmcgeever

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey how many and what seize of the koralia power heads you think I would need for my 29 gallon? Starting a FOWLR tank but will eventually get into corals and such. Let me know!

depends what kind of corals you want.

two 240 nanos should be fine for FOWLR. i have 2 550 evolutions in my bowface 26 gallon and it gets some good flow

i would want more than 2 nano pumps, even for a FOWLR. the more flow you have (within reason) the healthier your tank will be. you don't want any uneaten fish food and poop to settle on the bottom or in the rock work before the filtration has a chance to remove it.
if you can manage that, you'll have a much easier time at the hobby.

i had a 40 breeder mixed coral tank that i had 4 x 650 gph pumps in and thought i could use more. a pair of 500+ gph pumps wouldn't kill you IMO. they will blow the new sand around for a while, but that will eventually stop. or you could run one until you decide on corals.

That helps slot man thanks! I'll look into a couple of those.

I would add first a moderate flow one such as the 425 gal/hr nano's. Then after you see what kind of flow you get based on your tank corals and design, you can add others with the flow you feel are appropriate

Back
Top Bottom