Koralia 425 or 550

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ran 2 750's in my first sw tank, a 29g. lol You should be fine with the 550's :) Great powerheads too.

It's just a matter of placement in the tank and getting your pwerheads set up just so. You can have several spots where the flow won't be so great for those you have in mind.

I'm anti anything Hydor. I haven't purchased anything with the Hydor brand on it since having a Hydor Theo heater explode in my 180g sps tank while we were on vacation, and later finding that 3 of the 6 koralia powerheads that I was running were all leaking copious amounts of voltage. I had a thread on this in another forum and found that it was a really common problem with them.

I have about 8 koralias and have never had an issue. I do alsohave a theo hydor heater but i dont like it, doesnt keep temp well in my opinion. I dont even use the heater anymore.

I have about 8 koralias and have never had an issue. I do alsohave a theo hydor heater but i dont like it, doesnt keep temp well in my opinion. I dont even use the heater anymore.

Hopefully they've fixed the problem in the newer ones. I had them running for about 4 years without a problem. It wasn't until I removed the ground probe to take down the tank and reached in to a nice big zap that i found the problem.

Actually, the heater led to me finding the powerhead problem. We went to Indianapolis for a weekend and came home to a house that smelled like burning rubber. After sniffing around I found that most of the corals in my 180 were badly bleached or dead and the smell was coming from the water. After some digging I found the broken heater. The broken heater and dead corals then led to me breaking down the tank.

I might also add that their customer service was worthless when I contacted them regarding the incident.

Back
Top Bottom