last fish.... which one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geo-way

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,
Just looking for some advice on stocking.
Here’s the run-down:
30gal FOWLR setup about 4 ½ months ago. 2 months ago added 2 ocellaris clowns, 2 weeks ago added a longfin fairy wrasse. Tank has about 40lbs LR, 6 blue leg hermits, a couple of snails, lots of worm and other little LR creatures.
I want to add 1 more fish. I was hoping to add either an Orchid Pseudochromis or a Cherub Angel. Which of these 2 fish do you recommend? Which would work best with my setup? Anyone have a similar setup?
Thanks in advance.

the cherub angel is a way cool fish, it gets my vote. They can be a bit agressive and should stand up to your wrasse.

Thanks Lando.
Should I wait until the tank is a little older if I decide to add the cherub? Do they need lots of algae to graze on? Is there anything specific I should know about cherubs like feeding or acclimation or anything?

With 40lbs of LR a cherub should do fine. It will graze on that. Just make sure you also feed a high quality algea and mysis or krill. Waiting another week or two until you add it is a fine idea. However, let your water parameters dictate that. If you have no ammonia, nitrite and little nitrate I would say your tank is ready for it. After any addition (especially in smaller tanks) there will be a "catch-up" period as your biological filtration adjusts to the new bio-load.

Back
Top Bottom