Lawnmower blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I really know is that they are usually best in a more established system because they are algea grazers and like to have a system where alga has had a chance to get started.

You can, however, supplement feed them to help make up for this.

I have a lawnmower blenny he is awesome! he does eat algae but mine eats flake and occasionally I put out a algae sheet for him and my sea hare. :)

So far so good, if anything my blenny is fat from too much food. lol

They are a good choice but not all will eat prepared foods. Mine took about 2 months before it started to accept it. I would consider it one of the more aggressive fish in the tank I also have a sixline. clown and a royal gamma in a 55 with him. They get rather large so at least a 45 gallon tank.

i have never had any problems with algae blennies, and i've had them in all of my previous tanks. they always ate nori on a clip, and most of them also ate whatever i tossed in for everyone else eventually. i can't think of a reason not to have one, except for them not being very colorful. very entertaining to watch, or even as they watch you.

Back
Top Bottom