Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Leaving for 45 days...

Hey all!

Well Some updates on my tank, My live rock is in the tank, everything is settled, my temp is stable, everything is going smoothly basically. My question is should i have someone dosing pure ammonia while I am gone or should i do the Shrimp trick? I'm not quite sure how to approach this because basically this will be a very long cycle with no CUC. I am almost positive might already be cycled because The LR I purchased was very high quality and cured. SO what do you guys think I should do?

Old 06-13-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

If your going for 45 days I would probably leave it and have someone top up my water for me.... I would then cycle when I got home.

Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

the person topping off could also just through some in some fish flakes every day...idk if that would make a difference.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you do that you will probably have a ton of nitrates when you get back... I would say thank goodness you don't have to get them to feed the fish change the water test the tank and make sure that you don't have any problems. As for the topping up I was thinking once or twice a week.
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm going to be gone for three weeks soon, and since I have fish and corals I'm going to have to hope the person I leave it up to doesn't feel the need to feed excessively...

I run electrical appliances underwater and enjoy injecting things with Kalk filled syringes.
Sarcothelia is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com