Led help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superdave07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have one Marineland Reef Capable LED Lighting System 24", should I add one more will it be ok for my fish. I will add corals in a mouth or so. The light has 21 1W LED`s: 18 White, 3 Blue (1305 Lumens)

Thanks

image-525788983.jpg

image-1093228261.jpg

I haven't heard good things about those lights for corals. With only 18w of daylight (the blue lights are not actinic lights but moon lights) you probably won't have enough quality light for your tank. You will want some light in the 420/460nm range.

Ingy said:
I haven't heard good things about those lights for corals. With only 18w of daylight (the blue lights are not actinic lights but moon lights) you probably won't have enough quality light for your tank. You will want some light in the 420/460nm range.

Will it help if I add one more so two of the LEDs fixtures ?

Sniperhank said:
Doubtful. Sadly they named these to mislead. If you want coral if look into s whole different unit. E what kind of corals do you want to keep?

I agree with sniper. You'll need much more light. There are a ton if options out there that aren't too bad as far as price. There are some that are crazy expensive as well. I guess the real question you may want to post on here is what lights NOT to get. I would be curious as to what people have to say!

Back
Top Bottom