Led light fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking about purchasing a led light fixture off eBay or amazon. I want to get one that can be used to raise corals and anemones. I don't want to spend too much money on the lights so my budget is around $60 - $70. I want one that makes the daylight look blue and the night to look dark blue. Anyone have any suggestions or know a led light fixture that may fall in between my budget. Also, my tank is 4ft long so either a strong one that's smaller in length or one about 4ft long. Thanks!

Wow those look nice! What do u think about them? Do they look nice? Also, they're really cheap. Is there a reason for?

I'm kinda new to the whole led lights and stuff. Would it be okay to leave these on with my T5s throughout the day or should it only be on at night?

I dont turn the moonlights off on my 36, but they don't do anything but makes it look nice. They won't grow coral.

Look up on ebay taotronics LEDs. They will grow corals and are as cheap as you'll find, even beating out MH and T5HO with long term pricing.

The Taotronic LEDs look a little different from what I'm use to. They have various price ranges. I really like those led light strips you showed me tho. I'm not sure what I should get.

I might just go for the strips and forget about the coral growth. Do the led strips brighten your whole aquarium? And is it really blue?

Sniperhank said:
If you are looking for LEDs that will help support corals you won't find them for that price. The best LEDs for that are by taotronics and are around 200.

I just ordered these off of ebay for my moonlighting on my tank if you are just looking for that. Aquarium WaterProof LED Moon Light 18 LEDs 1 ft Strip 100 Lumens 12 inch + Power | eBay

I'm thinking about just sticking with a live rock fish only tank. I really like those led light strips. Could u tell me a little more about them? I'm thinking about ordering 2. I have a 55gal which is 4ft long. Do u think these strips will brighten the whole tank and give it a dark blue moon look?

Those lights are moonlights and really only for use at night. They're not powerful enough to keep the tank looking "blue" during the day.

If I ran them with my t5s will it make a difference or no?

It should make a blue tint to the water which looks nice rather than just bright white lights in the tank

Back
Top Bottom