led lighting for refugium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulweck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a 36 rgb led fixture my refugium. do u guys think this will be good for growing my micro algae?

heres some pictures please let me know what u think

img_1524263_0_e800a65933090c177e3dbff0f154343e.jpg

img_1524263_1_5ad122ca6701b241b9ff6a8528c58a6f.jpg

I was using a 36 watt 3w each led bulb in my refugium and it seemed to be too much light. We could be talking totally different fixtures though. lol

This was mine, its the silver light to the left of the macro glow fixture

img_1524665_0_8aa0c1352ce888ea87ec2c9740dde7f8.jpg

ya its not too bright. the above pictures are the brights it gets. witch one do u use the most. and do micro algae need alot of light to grow

No problem. Most people just use the clip on lights you get at home dpot for like $8 and use a 6500 daylight squiggly bulb. I happen to use the macro grow 25 watt fixture cause I got in on a deal when I bought the sump. Macro doesnt need an awful lot of light to grow just light. :)

I run my refugium light opposite my day lighting. It;s supposed to help balance the ph I hear. Haven't noticed any side effects of running it that way though so I'll continue.

My macro has gorwn crzay over the last 3 months, mostly the caulpera, the chaeto is taking its time to grow. lol

I'm also doing every other week water changes now and my trates havent gone above 10 so far at their worst. Usually 5 or less so I guess its doing its job.

thanks. we'll see how this fixture works out. just waiting till after the holiday to place a order from reefcleaners.com. im getting so excited the build is comming together great and just as planned.:)

Back
Top Bottom