Led lighting idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeeamer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a t8 set up over my marine tank and am looking to upgrade to LEDs

I have both soft and hard corals so need good quality lighting however I do have a budget.

I need lighting that has blues and marine LEDs and that blues can be on alone.

Ideally I'd light to time them but not massively important.

Has anyone got any ideas of good value led lighting that would be suitable.

Joeeamer said:
I currently have a t8 set up over my marine tank and am looking to upgrade to LEDs

I have both soft and hard corals so need good quality lighting however I do have a budget.

I need lighting that has blues and marine LEDs and that blues can be on alone.

Ideally I'd light to time them but not massively important.

Has anyone got any ideas of good value led lighting that would be suitable.

Tank size and depth is needed for a recommendation. Also why do you need only blue? You may be limiting a few good options with that stipulation. Price range would also help.

Size: Only a small 100l tank. 2 ft wide by 16 inch deep to bottom of tank.

Blues: Id like Actinic lighting to show off corals in evening. Currently using t5s to achieve this goal.

Cost wise: I am open if it will really make a difference but £250-£300 maximum would be nice :)

Sorry for vague thread I didnt think I'd get detailed responses! Thanks for your help!!

Joeeamer said:
Size: Only a small 100l tank. 2 ft wide by 16 inch deep to bottom of tank.

Blues: Id like Actinic lighting to show off corals in evening. Currently using t5s to achieve this goal.

Cost wise: I am open if it will really make a difference but £250-£300 maximum would be nice :)

Sorry for vague thread I didnt think I'd get detailed responses! Thanks for your help!!

For that range i thing you will really like the Kessil A150. About 260 US dollars and that should leave you money to buy a small actinic led light strip for 50-100 for actinics if you would still want them.

Schism said:
For that range i thing you will really like the Kessil A150. About 260 US dollars and that should leave you money to buy a small actinic led light strip for 50-100 for actinics if you would still want them.

That lighting looks good in uk it costs £360 though? Is that normal?

Joeeamer said:
That lighting looks good in uk it costs £360 though? Is that normal?

Not sure, its 265 US dollars here in the US. 360 UK pounds equals about 565 US dollars so thats a pretty steep mark-up, i would start looking online for a better deal.

Back
Top Bottom