Led lighting times.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reg100

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone I've just purchased some lt pro leds and was wondering what you thing the best times are to run them. They are programmed so how many hour for morning . Noon and night. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For a saltwater reef tank 12-14 hours daily and 10hours for a tropical freshwater tank hope this helps.

Thanks. How many hours would you say to run in the morning and ten ramp them up to midday and then down to evening.

I run mine 12 hrs a days ! 11 am-11pm with a 1 hour ramp time.. I start mine so late in the day because I am a night person and like to enjoy the tank when watching tv !

Cheers for that. Any one else do anything different I would love to hear.

No one else.

Thanks . They say only to run them at 40% until the corals get use to them how long would you say to do this before I start to ramp them up and by how much.

It depends on the fixture. What pro fixture are you speaking of, and what are the dimensions of your tank? Also, what corals are you currently acclimating?

Hi sorry it took me so long to reply been on nights. The link for the lights is on one of my other posts you commented on can't seem to move it to here sorry. The only corals I have at the moment are a toadstool and a finger lobe but I want to get into sps and lps. My tank is 4ft x18 inch x20 inch.

So you went with the 36"(900cm) LT pro? I would leave it at 40% for a couple weeks and then turn it up maybe 5% a week after that. Lower light corals you can keep towards the outer edges of your tank, and sps will probably need to be directly under the fixture.

Thanks. Yes I got them go under my canopy just right and cover the full tank with no shadows.

Back
Top Bottom