LED Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for some good LED lights and was hoping that the fish community could help me out and recommend some good models. What you like or dislike about them. All input is good input

Well anemones need a lot of light while softies can deal with varying intensities of lighting.

What would you be willing to spend on lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a Marineland with a dual built in timer. It works great.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is a four ft tank I think right? You`ll need two of them. Two for 92 0r 93 dollars each is a pretty good deal. I can vouch for their performance. The only thing is only start at about 50% and then go up as you need. They will burn your corals up at full strength.

The Chinese LEDs have been serving me well. Got them for $75 each and they provide more than enough light. Co. that shipped them sent me a followup e-mail to see how I liked them, which was nice - but it was in the most broken English I've ever seen in writing. I bought a Marineland LED strip for my freshwater tank that cost twice as much and basically sucks ... but it's not the reef Marineland light so not trying to discourage you from that choice.

Back
Top Bottom