LED Power Outlet Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm planning on buying these LEDs off of amazon. The seller states that only the LEDs come with the purchase and a separate power source will be needed. My question is when I purchase these LEDs, what kind of power source should I buy for them and what store would sell them? In thinking like home depot, best buy, or radio shack? Can someone please give me some answers before I decide buying these lights. The link bellow is the LEDs I want to purchase. Please and thanks..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Says on the bottom in the "frequently bought together" that you an get the power source thing with it for $34.

You could probably use any 10v-30v led driver, but I would use their reccomended one because there's a lot of unknowns like we know the voltage but what amperage are the led? That would be a factor in buying a power supply, and there's a big difference in 10-30v so if you got a 10v power supply would the LEDs only be 1/3 as bright as they should be? So you should get the reccommended power supply or more info on the requirements of the LEDs.

Alright thanks! I'll prob get the recommended one then, just wasn't sure.

Back
Top Bottom