Lemon Peel Angelfish & corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeter22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon fish only saltwater tank. I'm thinking about adding coralto the tank. I've read that my Lemon Peel Angel will kill any coral I put into the tank. Has anyone had luck with coral in with a Lemon Peel Angelfish? If so, is there certain corals to stay away from?
I'm just in the idea phase of a coral tank.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Really interested in this... My husband is itching to put an angel in my reef tank. After great research I have found one that may work- swallow tail angel. But it still says with caution. I wanna make my husband happy, but not at the expense of my coral. If anything happened to my coral after an angel, both my husband and the angel would be sleeping on the couch

Don't do it. They will almost inevitably start picking at the coral. Some people have them start picking immediately, and for others it takes years. It's going to be a hassle to take that fish out.

It's hit or miss with any pygmy angel. If your tank is big enough, the safest angel is 1 of the genicanthus species...such as the swallowtail. I have a Lamarck angel that's been in my tank almost 4 yrs now and it doesn't touch any corals.
Genicanthus

Back
Top Bottom