Let me know about this tank before I buy it. De

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrrrkva

Aquarium Advice Freak
Click on link below! This is the tank that I think I THINK I am getting. Slightly modified. It is the one in the lower left. Let me know pros and cons before I drop a wad! It is a REVERSED L shape with a Bow in the OUTER corner. It will be 5 foot X 5 foot 30 inches front to back and 24 inches tall. It is acrylic! I am not so sure about the acrylic, but the only way to really modify like this. It will go in a corner. Behind the tank will have a 30 inch by 30 inch square area where i can get behind. It will have a door going thru the wall. Price should be worked up friday. I plan on running 2 Tunze streams (3100 GPH), One on each end blowing towards bow and alternating. And run 4X250's MH and 4X110 VHO's. I think I am going to have Tenecor build it. Should I let them do the stand too?

http://www.aquariumsource.net/catal...hp?&show=custom

hmmm link doesn't werk :?

sounds like an interesting tank though! see if you can fix that link, i'd like to get a look!

wait.. i got it... http://www.aquariumsource.net/catalog/other_info.php?&show=custom that looks really cool! I would imagine it would have to be acrylic.

so yer lookin at about 375 gallons, give or take a few with the rounded corner. Actually, is that rounded or beveled? lighting sounds good... with the tunze, i'm not as familiar with them, 3100 each or total between the two? With a tank that size you'll want more than two points of water flow, IMO. Any plans on a sump/fuge? If so then you can route the return from that as additional points of water flow.

The tunze's are 3150 gph EACH. ( http://marinedepot.com/aquarium_powerheads_pumps_tunze_turbelle_stream_kit.asp?CartId= )

There will be a 75 gallon sump/refuge, maybe 2 if I can get them to fit. The tank is ROUNDED at the front corner, and acrylic. Check out the tunze at Marinedepot.com. They are WILD. I have 1 now with the second one on order. I think if i figured out the gallons right at closer to 300, but let me know if I am wrong. I think it is the same as a 30X30X24 tank and a 60X30X24 tank (because they become one at the bow. Of course you have to take out the bow. Any math majors?

My return pump will probably be either a iwaki 100 or an ampmaster 3000. (I just dont like the leaking problems on dolphin ampmaster series) This will give me 4 more points of water flow in addition to the 2 Tunze's. It will have 2 overflow boxes with 2 returns on each one. Skimmer will probably be somewhat undersized with a EV180 for now, and let the refugium do the work, On my current 200 I turn the skimmer off half the time anyway. Tank will primarily be softies (My current inhabitants) and not a huge bioload as far as fish are conerned.

8O heck, why not just plop down the cash for the Turbelle ® Stream Kit TS24 (since you already have one pump)! I would if i had that size of a tank! of course, there's a lot I'd do if I had a tank that size! :wink:

k... gonna do some math (my math == bad) ... phew (imagine a smiley that's sweating :) ) yes, you're spot on with a 300 gallon estiamte.

well with the fuge, pumps, lights etc... sounds like a plan... room in the house for this beast? Not to mention the area it's going to be is structurely sound enough to support the weight? the water alone is going to be nearly 2,500 pounds. Then another 600+ for the 75 gallon fuge. then the weight of the tanks themselves... then the rock, then the sand, then the other random equipment. Just be sure you've considered the gravity of the situation :wink:

In hindsight I should of but I already have one TS12. I just need one more.

Gravity considered (PAINFULLY so, from past experience) The house I am moving from has a 1/2 bow after contractor assured me that the floor was good for 5000 lbs. My current 200 MIGHT weigh in at 3,000.

This time I am doing it right underneath with jacks and extra support. Actually i am going to figure for 4000 lbs and build for More. The area this tank covers is my worry.

Awesome responses, thanks Billy!

Any other math majors out there?

Also should I have the stand and canopy built there. They are costing more than the tank itself!!

Back
Top Bottom