Lettuce Nudi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MACATUA

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How hard are these to keep? I saw they are said to be pretty tough, but I have enough algae, and I understand water needs to be real stable. So, If I can provide good stable water, is there any other real concerns?

:hat:

You biggest concern is going to be your powerheads & pumps. When they run out of algae in a certain location they just let go to drift around to a new spot. If they drift into a powerhead they're done for.

They are actually not Nudibranch, they're Sea Slugs Crispata sp.

slug.jpg

weve had one for over a month and it is so funny to see him floating in the water and the currents. we have 1 ph and and a filter pump, but they have a covering on them so nothing can really get sucked up. weve seen it on the ph before, and thought itmight get sucked through, but it just kept moving and passed it by.

OK, I was confused on my last post sorry for those that got the email :oops:

I meant to say that Lettuce Nudibranchs are actually from the order of:

SACOGLOSSA
The real name being Elysia crispata

http://www.seaslugforum.net/elyscris.htm

Nudibranch is just a general term that is used when purchasing this little creature..it is really a snail without a shell.

Bang Guy, that is an awesome looking branch... What kined is it? Doesn't look like a lettuce, too colorful...?

I've noticed that they like to climb high rock set- ups. They like to crawl up and down my set-up, it keeps them busy. My lettuce nudibranch lost half its body once and he just grew it back! Now that's hardy for yah! :D

* Anyone know of any good "nudibranch" picture websites?*

Back
Top Bottom