LFS and Live Sand - Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericsze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm in Bethlehem, PA, and I don't know where my local fish store is. There aren't any places around here that sell "live sand" either. I have a 4" DSB, and the tank is cycling. No live rock, but I want some live sand. How do i make it live? I can't seem to find any live sand to seed it with!

Can I put a small piece of live rock in and see if it spreads to my sand?

I think we have a PA regional forum. If we dont we should make one. See about joining that forum and you might be able to find a reefer that is somewhat local to your area that would be willing to give you a few cups of their sandbed.

You can seed your sand with live rock. Of course this process will take the longest to produce a healthy population of sand bed critters.

There are some places online that sell sand bed detrivore kits. You can get one of these kits that usually include worms and mini starfish, pods and the like.

Is there a reason you dont have the live rock? Are you just looking for a vendor for the live rock or do you not like its apperance? Adding a fair amount of good quality live rock will eventually seed your sandbed.

I did take a look at our sponsor LiveRocks.com and it appears they offer live sand. I have no personal experence with their live sand but that might be something to look at.

Post in their Sponsor forum if your interested in getting some more information about their products.

Back
Top Bottom