LFS in the Dallas,Tx area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, since there isn't a thread in the Texas regional forum, here's a couple places for ya...

Boutique Pets
Notes: Talk to a guy named Bill. Good fish selection, knowledgable people, but very impolite

Dallas North Aquarium
Notes: Very nice-looking place, excellent tank selection, decent live stock selection, mediocre prices, few knowledgable people, several people that don't know jack, very polite

Aquatic Designs
Notes: Very nice people, most of them fairly knowledgable, very small place, poor tank selection, poor fish collection, does special orders, majority of their business is servicing tanks, excellent prices on live stock

Sorry if I should have waited to respond to the pending thread in the regional forum, but I was excited to see a fellow Dallasite into the hobby. :D

Sorry if I should have waited to respond to the pending thread in the regional forum, but I was excited to see a fellow Dallasite into the hobby.

Don't sweat it, I was only suggesting he post there ;) No guarantee he wanted to LOL

Yeah, I used to talk to their head guy, Bill, exclusively because he really seems to know his stuff. However, he's such an incredible jerk and speaks to you so condescendingly, that I decided not to do business with them anymore. I break down and buy something from them on occassion when they're the only ones that have it or their price beats everyone else's, but that's about all. Not to mention it's a long drive from Plano, and even worse from Sherman, I'm sure.

Could we get this thread moved, Reefrunner? And access to the regional forum for dustybrannum?

I don't know about the place on Central. Of the LFS the best price is usually Aquatic Designs. They're selling for $6 or $7 a pound, I don't remember which. I think if you're buying that much at a time Dallas North Aquarium is going to be better or equal at least because their prices drop per pound you buy and I think you get the best price possible at like 100 pounds. They have more of it at a time than Aquatic Designs does, too. However, if you want pure selection, Boutique Pets has a gigantic bin of rock in the back if you ask to see it. I believe they charge $9 a pound flat, though. They may deal with you. Make sure you talk to Bill, though. He may be a jerk sometimes, but he's the one that makes the decisions.

I added Dusty to the texas regional forum! Feel free to post stuff like this over there :D

Yes it is based in the DFW area, they give real good shipping rates
to folks who live around here.

Back
Top Bottom