Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-13-2005, 11:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
lid for my 29 gallon tank???

hello i have a little bit of a problem.. my curent tank has a cheap florescent light and a garbage hood thats already cracked.. im getting a nicer orbit power compact light and im using the legs on it to rais it off the tank a few inches but then i will have no lid or anything. any ideas? i want a firefish in my tank and i will have no lid, what do i do what can i do i know firefish jump. i really dont want anything crappy looking though... thanks for any ideas

29 gallon saltwater "reef tank", 10 lbs crushed coral, 40 lbs aruglive sand, two percula clowns, one firefish,cleaner shrimp, blue legg hermits, 25 pounds fiji live rock, penguin 350 biowheel filter, prism delux hang on protien skimmer, maxijet 1200 powerhead, 125watt ebo jager heater, regular floresent lamp.
mattt6511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchased a set of glass hinges from my lfs and had 2 pieces of glass cut all for around 25-30$, it looks pro and is still completely see through, as well as with the glass hinges still opens for feedings and cleanings. The other option that I had before the glass was acrylic, however it tends to bow iof you do not have it supported in the middle or with some bracing strips.

Good Day Eh!
mrgolfball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
I'd vote for the legs. My firefish has never jumped, and I have a completley open top
55g reef, 2x250W 10k MH + 2x96W PC actninc, 10g sump, AquaC Urchin skimmer, 65lbs LR

xenia, mushrooms, wels. open brain, fungia radiata (orange), green eyed zoos

flame angel, mated pair of false perc, 6-line, firefish

20gH electric yellow cichlid
theatrus is offline   Reply With Quote

29 gallon, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com